Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed in the build options the Interior lighting kit and the optional Michelin Summer Performance tires? When were these added and $1200 for tires this size? Oh buddy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone noticed in the build options the Interior lighting kit and the optional Michelin Summer Performance tires? When were these added and $1200 for tires this size? Oh buddy.
I can buy these tires outright for about that much ($1,246.92 installed, out the door price). Finding a buyer for the stock tires would bring the cost of these way down. I can't believe they're offering an upgrade on tires for about what the tires can be bought for separately. Wow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can buy these tires outright for about that much ($1,246.92 installed, out the door price). Finding a buyer for the stock tires would bring the cost of these way down. I can't believe they're offering an upgrade on tires for about what the tires can be bought for separately. Wow.
These tires on tirerack in 225 instead of 215 are $938 a set. They're extremely good tires but $1200 for an option where you don't get the OEM back is a rip.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought the interior LED kit from Sam at exLED shop for $48.00. The kit includes the map lights, mirror lights, trunk light, & license plate lights. Compared them to other suppliers and Sam's have more LEDs than others, for example, the map lights each have 9 LEDs, mirror lights 4 eahch, trunk light 10 LEDS, and each license plate light has 3. These are really bright and a snap to install. See 'em at: exLED Interior LED Lamp Module for Veloster I received them from Korea in less than 5 days. Shipping is a little high, but still much less than the Hyundai option. Sam will also give forum members a discount code, just send him a PM. He even has a video to show you how to install them. Easy as pie (or cake if you prefer)

ttwotees :cool2:

Technology Electronic device Games Vehicle Car Family car Minivan Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Family car Light Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Technology Auto part Electronic device Gauge Automotive exterior Light Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got my interior LED lights form a different source. Cost me just under $12 including shipping for the two map lights, two vanity lights and trunk light. Though the shipping took about two weeks. The 2 watt white LED for the map light was actually too bright. So, I ended up replacing them with 1 watt blue LED and that worked out really well.

The interior lighting kit offered by Hyundai USA though, seems to be for the foot well lighting. It will be interesting to see how that is mounted and if the car comes with wiring for it already.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Hyundai

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I know you can get the Michelin tires somewhere else a little cheaper but I don't want to douche out a grand out of my pocket. I'd rather just roll in into the payments even if it does cost a little more. That way I don't feel the impact on my wallet as much. Plus having 225 would be a better performance advantage. I am definitely going for this option. Pilot Super Sport are guaranteed for 30k miles plus handle way better than kumho in dry and wet roads. It's just one of the best tires you can put on it and I am 100% down for that =) I want all I can get out of my VT and I know I will not get that out of a kumho.

Oh and I am also getting the interior light kit too =) why not. It looks like a neat feature. I don't think its simply changing the lights from regular to blue (like what ttwotees did, which btw is an awesome thing to do too), but adding lights on the foot well like MB mentioned. I had something like that on another car that I did and it was a real nice sweet feature. I just used neon lights from pepboys and hooked them up to the door so when the door opens that were on. It was just a nice mellow glow. nothing ghetto of anything.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like those lights. I looked at the site and they have different ones. 3000k, or 7000K. I am assuming that the 7000K is brighter. There were other options but they were colors. I want white. Which ones did you get?
I bought the interior LED kit from Sam at exLED shop for $48.00. The kit includes the map lights, mirror lights, trunk light, & license plate lights. Compared them to other suppliers and Sam's have more LEDs than others, for example, the map lights each have 9 LEDs, mirror lights 4 eahch, trunk light 10 LEDS, and each license plate light has 3. These are really bright and a snap to install. See 'em at: exLED Interior LED Lamp Module for Veloster I received them from Korea in less than 5 days. Shipping is a little high, but still much less than the Hyundai option. Sam will also give forum members a discount code, just send him a PM. He even has a video to show you how to install them. Easy as pie (or cake if you prefer)

ttwotees :cool2:

View attachment 586 View attachment 585 View attachment 587 View attachment 588 View attachment 589 View attachment 590

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wish they would offer the optional LED ring around the speakers and light to the music like KIA have. I like those...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts