Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've helped out Rally Armor do some R&D work on new mud flaps for the Veloster and Veloster Turbo, so here are a couple pics of the final pre-production units installed on my car this weekend. They're made of that indestructible urethane material which, to me, felt to be extremely high end stuff. RallyArmor doesn't have an exact ETA on inventory yet, but I believe they're shooting for the beginning of December as the official release. I will not only be running an introductory Group Buy for the Veloster community, but I spoke to them about doing exclusive custom color combo's as well. As soon as I have more info (yes, including pricing), I will be sure to let everyone know.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, I've helped out Rally Armor do some R&D work on new mud flaps for the Veloster and Veloster Turbo, so here are a couple pics of the final pre-production units installed on my car this weekend. They're made of that indestructible urethane material which, to me, felt to be extremely high end stuff. RallyArmor doesn't have an exact ETA on inventory yet, but I believe they're shooting for the beginning of December as the official release. I will not only be running an introductory Group Buy for the Veloster community, ...

So I got the 20$ ones of their site for my VT, and I love em, but do they sell any thicker material ones? or more of a rubber material?

I'd be interested in picking up some red or yellow for my car in the group buy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The $20 ones are much thinner and a different chemical composition or something like that. The application-specific ones are pretty different from what I've seen.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I live in Chicago and I'm outdoor enthusiast, so I was thinking of going more rally style than tuner style with my VT. Might have to get a set of those. Especially with the Salt in chicago winters. December is too late. They need to get em out NOW lol.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I live in Chicago and I'm outdoor enthusiast, so I was thinking of going more rally style than tuner style with my VT. Might have to get a set of those. Especially with the Salt in chicago winters. December is too late. They need to get em out NOW lol.
Also in Chicago, so have to agree, sooner is better. December is too late.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Snowing here today. Need info and availability!

Mike, will these require drilling into the body of the car or use existing screws holes?

·
Registered
375 Posts
hey mike feel free to send me a pair and ill try them out for you as well and give my feedback. :wink:

·
Registered
718 Posts
So I got the 20$ ones of their site for my VT, and I love em, but do they sell any thicker material ones? or more of a rubber material?

I'd be interested in picking up some red or yellow for my car in the group buy.

I might just do these. I can't see them being THAT much better to warrant almost $100 extra in cost. I assume most of that is R&D for fitment etc. not just it being thicker. Do you have any issues with em Retsolev?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also in Chicago, so have to agree, sooner is better. December is too late.
Michigan here. December = too late, salt already on the road by then. :(
You guys aren't getting rid of your car after the first/next snowfall, right? A car is more of a longer-term investment then that.

Snowing here today. Need info and availability!

Mike, will these require drilling into the body of the car or use existing screws holes?
They are designed to use the OEM bolt locations that are already on the car.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Wish I would have seen this earlier.
Just installed some Universal ones on mine. Not a big deal tho, I guess flaps are flaps, mine just dont have the cool blue Rally Armor logo
I just looked for these on the website 2 days ago and they are not there yet. Probably best that you put something there.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Guys, Just pick up the universal fit ones and cut them. Depending on how much you wanna pay they have different materials. But i got mine for $20 usd. and it took me maybe 30 mins to cut them and drill the holes. Have been through snow, mud, grass, and gravel with no issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts