Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Can you explain the process for getting the stock one off?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the plastic piece on the bottom slides down, its on there tight. i used 2 trim removal tools to wedge in there and pressed down on it. also, i recommend wrapping a rag or something around the base of the shifter shaft. something fell out when i pressed down and it disappeared into my shifter :( . not sure what it was, may have been some dried up glue, hopefully i wont have to take my shifter apart to get it out.
2013-01-20 19.24.14.jpg

this will expose a c-clip holding the knob on
IMG_20130120_200318.jpg

use a small flathead screwdriver or small pliers to pull the clip out. the knob will then slide right off.
2013-01-20 19.29.41.jpg

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Haters gonna hate..

I got flack about adding decepticon stuff to my car..
I have a billet aluminum badge on the hood, 2 smaller logos on the sides toward the back, and my shifter.

Doesnt stand out as much as yours.. But yours reminds me of the old RatRod logo

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
to each is own!! but in my opinion :(

too bad doing anything like this with the MT is much harder for short shifters and such, not so much the fugly knob :p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have manual. I wish I could change the knob. But we have the reverse lock out thing to deal with. I like the green skull personally. Would be cool if the jaw could be made to activate reverse.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have manual. I wish I could change the knob. But we have the reverse lock out thing to deal with. I like the green skull personally. Would be cool if the jaw could be made to activate reverse.
I take it the aftermarket has not caught up to this yet?
Too bad, for me I don't mind the reverse lockout too much, but it sure does get in the way of a knob swap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts