Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my name is Travis, and i'm a new member. I'm located on Long Island, New York and drive a 2013 Veloster Turbo with Turbosocks v2 FMIC with an authentic HKS BOV and a turbosocks 3.5in Beast Mode intake as well as a 3in straight piped solo performance exhaust.

I'm unsure how to really navigate this website... and I'm also unsure if a thread has been made about BOV flutter already but I have compressor surge pretty severely and I do not have the funds to bring it to a mechanic.

If anyone would be able to help me diagnose and fix the problem I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!!

It has always happened from the day i installed it. The top port of the vacuum solenoid is connected to the BOV and the right port is connected to the charge pipe. The hoses and clamps are tight, and I checked everything i could for vacuum leaks using carburetor cleaner and i didn't find anything. That doesn't mean there isn't a vacuum leak but theres nothing near the aftermarket parts on my car. Do you have any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Make sure the plug to the intercooler in plugged in I installed my buddy's before to test If it controls the splenoid and it does

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is this plug located? would you be able to post a picture so I know exactly what to look for?

·
Registered
161 Posts
you might have it backwards
switch it
then take her for a spin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can definitely switch it... but the blizzard here has me pinned down at my house -.- that would be strange if it worked the other way around wouldn't it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for the warm welcome! The snow has stopped and I'll finish shoveling in the morning. As for my car, i just pray my turbocharger does not explode -.-

·
Registered
161 Posts
During my break tomorrow or before school I will snap some pics for you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The braided line goes to the boot source.. and the other line to the bov

This is just showing where that braided hose goes to

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have that side hose (the braided one in the photo) connected to my charge pipe and the top hose is connected to my blow off valve.
I swapped the hoses to see if that would do anything and it made things worse. I also rechecked all of my couplers and tested everything again for vacuum leaks. Im thinking it could be my purge valve, my BOV, or i still have a vacuum leak somewhere. Any more ideas i could try?

·
Registered
161 Posts
if you have that routed correctly then it could be the bov is jammed or stuck or the line going to the manifold is damaged.. Happened on my tial after the vr4 sat for a while.

OO swordfish nice diagrams in there.!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How can I tell? also, how do i fix that? I'm leaning towards the idea that my BOV isnt opening properly. Also, my CEL code is P0441 for evaporative emissions but I cannot find any vacuum leaks. do you believe that would have something to do with my BOV?
im going to order the vacuum reservoir also, just to see if that helps too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked all the connections, maybe my purge valve needs to be replaced? would that be effecting my BOV?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just to recap for you op.

There are three hoses that go to the solenoid..
1st one goes into the solenoid from the intake manifold. It's right under the plug that goes into the solenoid.

The other 2 you have correct it sounds like.. So I would just check that the solenoid is connected and follow the vacuum hose going from it to the manifold.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
I will tell you that if you have an authentic HKS, it is to be run from a direct line off the intake manifold. If you have an authentic, you should have an instruction manual in Japanese and English. It is very clear.

"The SSQV must be activated by intake manifold pressure"

Whether the P0441 is being tripped by the inequality of vacuum, or you also have a bad EVAP remains to be seen.
If you are to keep the HKS, get a vac block, its not expensive. Since you are there anyway get it with two nipples and run a vac line into the cockpit for a boost gauge. Once this is done if you still get the 0441, just get a new valve from the dealer.
I've ran a fake HKS and an genuine one, never had either a P2661 or a P0441.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the fake hks using the stock solenoid and so far no codes.. For about 5k miles. It's so weird how some cars have this and others don't.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts