Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New VT owner from Chicago area. Bought a 19 Turbo after the lease on our Kona was up. What a huge difference going from a base engine Kona to the VT.

It’s obviously been enjoyed before my ownership as it has 45K miles on it. Kinda high for a 19, but I don’t mind doing some extra work to keep things running. I also did get the extended warranty to 100K bumper to bumper.

Can use some touch up paint in a few spots and the passenger side rocker panel was scratched somehow by the turbo badge. For that I think I’ll do my best attempt to wet sand since it appears to be all one color so hopefully I shouldn’t have to paint.

Used to be part of the GM 3800 community where the supercharged cars were an easy $60 for 20HP, then we learned you should tune and maintain the cars for them to be reliable, but mods were plentiful and fairly cheap. Even had a DHP powertuner (comparable to the HP Tuner but a little more bare boned) Now I see $200+ intakes and other parts that are debated over like spark plugs and catch cans and I am confused. Haha.

Anyway, hope to learn something and maybe even try to contribute. If anyone has some insight on the paint and rocker panel, I’d appreciate the assistance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,231 Posts
Plenty information out there on the car and much of which is misinformation. So just be careful what information you choose to trust as you can get some mods for the car that may be dangerous in some way or cost more than needed for a given benefit.

Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty information out there on the car and much of which is misinformation. So just be careful what information you choose to trust as you can get some mods for the car that may be dangerous in some way or cost more than needed for a given benefit.
Thats what I’ve been seeing and read in other threads. Which is funny cause I’ve seen people say search, but you can come up with 5 different answers and 3 might be bad info. Which stinks honestly. I can’t even get a straight answer for the hot side resonator or even hot side pipe. Lol.

I’m not looking to break land speed records. Just an optimized lightly modded car that can make my commute more fun.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,231 Posts
This is because people are lazy in general. They search and just look for answers which is not the way to go. When searching on the internet you have to read everything beyond the answers posted which is the most important is the DATA. And if you research enough you'll see who tends to provide DATA, who is typically correct on things in a platform, who is actually making efficient power in a platform, who is making good results in the real world, good track record in a platform, etc. NEVER JUST LOOK FOR ANSWERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
welcome to the club!

Reactions: Fish
1 - 5 of 5 Posts