Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Greetings from the hills of Kentucky! I am new to the forum, as my boyfriend and I just purchased our first Veloster!! It's a 2014 Model, turbo, with 86000 miles on it. Bought it smashed in the front; spent a small fortune on parts for it and just painted it a couple of days ago. I must say, I never had the desire to own one of these cars but I have fallen in love. It's fast.
Successfully programmed a smart key for it, now I need to learn how to tune it. I am super stoked to be a member of the VT Owners club. I have been lurking around here for a couple of weeks now and have gotten some good advice reading the threads. I look forward to learning about my car.
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,171 Posts
welcome to the club!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! The blue ones are actually my fave.
After we painted it, I had to sand some dirt out (what do you expect from an outdoor paint job?) and accidentally sanded through the clear so we had to repaint the hood. Thankfully, it didn't lift. But I'm going to paint the edge of the grille a shiny chrome-like blue and we're toying with the idea of pinstriping. This is a cool little car! Just replaced a hose that had a couple of pin holes in it and man, what a difference in lag time.
Is there a way to adjust the clutch? I read about it on a thread somewhere but I don't think there was a resolution posted. Are they non-adjustable? I've heard both ways and am unfamiliar with anything manual transmission related.
I'm learning how to drive a stick in this car and it seems like there is a mile of clutch pedal before anything engages.

·
Registered
2013 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo M/T
19 Posts
It's so nice seeing what might've ended up in a junkyard being rescued. You guys breathed new life into it, and it looks great!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's so nice seeing what might've ended up in a junkyard being rescued. You guys breathed new life into it, and it looks great!!
Thanks, we are loving this car! And we do bodywork for a living so we really enjoy being able to keep cars out of the junk yard ( although,I will admit that a trip to the junk yard might as well be a field trip bc I love junkyard scavenging as well).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts