Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I am a happy owner of a 2016 black VT which I absolutely adore, take great care of and proudly keep almost completely original (aside from the tinted windows which I got after a nasty break in lol). I am not a mod guy my self so to speak but greatly enjoy seeing everyone else's work and creativity going into their Velos' personalizations, so keep up the great work. I don't spend much time "online" so my bad for being unaware of this fine community until now, I seemingly do live under the proverbial rock. Help became needed so like everyone else these days I looked online and ended up finding this fine place, so greetings to all, here are my three questions:

1. I had a rental during a recent trip with Apple CarPlay and LOVED IT. I did some research and apparently when I bought my VT I was completely unaware of CarPlay and missed this feature by a few months (ARGH!). I looked online for my "upgrade" options and based on what I found it appears you need a VT model with SD slot to upgrade, which mine doesn't have. Are there any other options out there? Would buying a whole new Veloster OEM headhunt with CarPlay pre-loaded or an SD slot do the trick? I would really rather avoid going aftermarket…

Another thing I am wondering/asking is - how is the Veloster's onboard OEM navigation/maps? That's another thing I missed out and if you have any idea how to get it into my VT any advice would be appreciated.

2. Surprisingly based on what I am reading my Dimension speakers lasted all this time but the passenger door one finally blew, any suggestions on how to get it replaced with a same model speaker? Love the sound in my car and would rather not change it with other aftermarket speakers…

3. BlueLink - never looked into this, does anyone have it, like it and would you advise signing up?

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Mattia

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
welcome to the club! if you want the GPS / carplay you will have to replace the headunit with one from a 16-17 . for your year it should be plug and play.

as for the speaker, chances are the paper cone just needs to be glued, they are notorious for coming apart. it's a quick check to get the door panel off.

not sure if anyone has bluelink LOL it's really only useful (but expensive) if you have an auto and want remote start through the app.

Reactions: Mattia

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had BlueLink for free for a minute when I first got the car and all it did was piss me off lol. I’m modded so any little thing it detected out of range it would throw up a message about it and send the info to Hyundai. I was happy when it ended haha. As far as remote start through the app, and even the theft locator, from the reviews I’ve read on it the app is terrible and hardly ever works. So, for me, it seemed like a total waste of money.

Reactions: Mattia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome to the club! if you want the GPS / carplay you will have to replace the headunit with one from a 16-17 . for your year it should be plug and play.

as for the speaker, chances are the paper cone just needs to be glued, they are notorious for coming apart. it's a quick check to get the door panel off.

not sure if anyone has bluelink LOL it's really only useful (but expensive) if you have an auto and want remote start through the app.
thanks a lot! is there a place where to get reliable OEM parts online such as a replacement headunit? where would you look/shop?

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
i would look on ebay for the headunit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would look on ebay for the headunit.
yeah found a bunch. which one am i after exactly? the one that has an SD slot? or is there some other indicator it will have CarPlay?

and will a unit with navigation work on my veloster that originally did not have it? thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts