Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm fairly new the the Veloster family and would love some tips and advice! Please and thank you.

So for starters im looking into buying a SRI and had a couple in mind.

im leaning more towards a 3.5 inch beast mode intake but also looking at a K&N SRI. If i go with the beast mode could i also get a BOV and use that?

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Would stay away from K&N SRI, if you read the reviews on the forums/Dyno pulls, you'll see it does more harm than good. Stick with a 3.5'' SRI.. I do love my 6th Element Engineering SRI (SXTH), extremely high quality and great price!

Although keep in mind that putting in a SRI without a tune does absolutely nothing for your car, also listen to the YouTube videos before purchasing, it makes a very loud vacuuming sound that you'll either love or hate.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I'm gonna go ahead and say it because someone else will... a good search will reveal a lot more info than we could cover in one thread on this subject.

That said, I second SXTH (6EE) SRI. They have a nice big filter and have a black coating on it that helps it blend in. And since your gonna get an aftermarket BOV you won't miss the port for the Recirculation hose... which you'll also be able to read up on in thoes many many threads.

What year is your VT BTW? While your searching this topic take some important time to search for preventative mods and maintance.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome...looks great.
I agree with Didisinned above. I have the 6EE CAI and was unimpressed with the performance of just putting a new intake on a stock car (the quality of the product is great!) While I don't have a tune...yet...the addition of my cat-back exhaust REALLY opened her up. Just my two cents...save up and do both at the same time. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys!

This really helped out and i have a 2013 VT.

I've done some plasti dipping to the rims and the gas cover so far.

Also bought some other external accessories such as a rear tow hook, quick release for the front bumper and of course a few decals to make it stand out.

Now im looking for performance parts.

any suggestions on inter coolers, exausts, turbos, etc?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Get this guys turbosocks beast mode for $200 shipped in for sale with filter! I like the 6EE intake a lot but this is a good price and will help him out.

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/sale/15377-brand-new-turbosocks-3-5-beast-mode-intake-black-anodized.html

For exhaust: I really like my greddy exhaust. It is quiet during cruising but fun enough during acceleration to enjoy. Build quality is great. A stage 0-1 tune is adding a lot of power from tork and 6EE. Look in the forum about the pistons that a 2013 may have and learn to check before going too crazy. Enjoy the car! Tires and coilovers transform the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know you said you are looking at performance parts first, but getting the Pierce Rear Torsion Bar and some Rigid Collars are great suspension upgrades that will have a noticeable impact on the handling characteristics for a good (cheap) price. The vendors here sell great quality products. I don't think you'll be disappointed in any purchase from them.

Also, listen to Bigbird and use the search function. The wealth of information here is pretty staggering. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your build!

·
Registered
246 Posts
image.jpeg here's my turbosocks SRI 3.5 beast mode works great! It's pretty loud I personally love it, and I'm now running a synapse cold pipe with a DV. My only regret is not getting the k&n filter which I'm about to switch to one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
image.jpeg if you do get this make sure to use a thicker bolt other wise if you use the stock one for this bracket it'll eventually strip, from my experience anyways. But yeah I'd stay away from the typhoon and stick with the 3.5 SRIs also look into adding an oil catch can!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Have been making a few of these 3.5" carbon fiber SRI , as the thermal conductive properties of the carbon are a fair bit better than the Alloy. Unfortunately they work out a fair bit more expensive than Alloy as well. These are pictures of the prototypes which haven't been 2 pack cleared.

Have also developed a High volume air box to keep the heat from the engine bay out of the air intake. which utilizes the original air pick up point at the front as well and the cool air from under the fender.

Cooler air into the turbo equates to cooler air out of the turbo and cooler air temps out of the intercooler This means more advance, less knock retard, and more horse power at the wheels.
View attachment 59537 View attachment 59545 View attachment 59553 View attachment 59561 View attachment 59569 View attachment 59577

1 - 14 of 14 Posts