Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome! Just FYI unless Hyundai has changed it, the car's computer limits power output for the first 3000 miles to allow for proper engine break-in. So don't be discouraged if it feels slower than the advertised numbers may suggest. It will open up in time. :cool2:

Look into getting a rear torsion bar from Pierce here; it completely transforms the car from a handling perspective. A front strut tower brace is a good companion to that but the difference is not as pronounced.

Also look into a set of rigid collars, several vendors here sell those. It ties the front sub frame and the chassis together a bit tighter allowing for a more controlled ride.

Last recommendation I'll give is not to run the car on 87 octane. The Veloster is advertised that it doesn't need premium and it will run for the life of the car just fine on regular, but to get the real power out of the engine the car has to offer I would run a minimum of 89. Maybe wait until after 3k miles to switch, you may not notice the difference while still in break in.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Also change the oil ... every 3K use Hyundai filters and good oil.... a lot of threads on what type of oil to use.... Amsoil ... PUP....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
"WELCOME to VT Nation!" toenoe13

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you all for the feed back welcoming, this Veloster is the 1st Hyundai i ever driven, and i have to say i do not miss the VW GTi i used to have.
I have a few (Q) about upgrades i want to to do but keeping my car street legal, and CA emission legal, can somebody point to what forum i should ask????

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Welcome, just look around the sub forums, they're well labeled.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Intake & smog legal exhaust....tune might alter emissions...suspension mods if you wish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts