Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm interested in getting a VT but don't know what year I should get. I know the 12-13 are bad from my quick research, so I was wondering what I should know before getting one. I found some 16, and 17s for sale that seem nice, but I don't know much about these cars. Could someone help me out with some pros and cons?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 13, almost 100,000 miles and I love it. Only had minor issues that were easily fixed on my own. What exactly are you looking to know? Is this for a daily or are you looking for something you can upgrade?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 13, almost 100,000 miles and I love it. Only had minor issues that were easily fixed on my own. What exactly are you looking to know? Is this for a daily or are you looking for something you can upgrade?
Yeah, im looking for a daily. And I wanna know what years have what issues so I can avoid them. Also wondering what maintenance is like, what tends to break, is the aftermarket good because I'm for sure gonna do stuff to it.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
These are the best ones: 15 auto, 15+ manual, 19+ DCT.

Lowest miles and least mods the better when buying.

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Head gasket/head bolts is common issue when push too much power in general.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 with 132126 miles 6 speed manual just did a trip down to Pigeon Forge TN runs great also did the tail of the Dragon fun. I have no problems bought it with 109450 miles.

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
There will be an annual veloster event at tail of the dragon end of September. RVD7 is this years event. Should be over 100 velosters there.

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
FB group Raptors vs the dragon. Will be 9/22-9/25 this year. We will release more details later.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
204 Posts
FB group Raptors vs the dragon. Will be 9/22-9/25 this year. We will release more details later.
I never knew about that! I'll have to swing by

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in getting a VT but don't know what year I should get. I know the 12-13 are bad from my quick research, so I was wondering what I should know before getting one. I found some 16, and 17s for sale that seem nice, but I don't know much about these cars. Could someone help me out with some pros and cons?
They are not bad but If you have a heavy foot and like to race, then you have to get stronger connecting rods. After that is a cool drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts