Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok these new X braces are going live on the site immediately and available for order---we have a pair in stock with 5 going to powder this week.* We've also bundled them together with some of our other products to create some nice packages!* They'll be on sale through Sunday and some with free shipping!

"New product release for the Veloster! Rear subframe X brace! Locks the front crossmember in position by tying into the unibody frame rails. Perfect exhaust clearance for cars running 3"! Improves handling from turn to corner exit!"
2012-2016 Hyundai Veloster/Veloster Turbo - Chassis Braces - Pierce Motorsports
DSCN2178[1].JPG
DSCN2174[1].JPG

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wishlisting. Have the 2pt already this would be perfect and I'd bet make a hell of a difference.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Was talking with Jim on Facebook and this is designed to work with the 2 point brace. Slapshift already has the 6-point and it makes a WORLD of difference with it on the car.

Jim mentioned that the 6-point will be discontinued due to shipping expenses so this, with the 2-point, basically replaces the 6-point.

Reactions: Bigbird and gsrdude

·
Registered
50 Posts
Would I have to remove any undertrays to run any of these?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad I bougth a 6 point while they last !!!
Super easy to install, no need to remove anything but some bolts. Make your life easier, do this on a lift!
It does make a nice driving difference, not WOW! but worth the price.
Along with rear sway bar and front sturt bar, I can have the VT to oversteer a little instead of massive stupid understeer. Much more neutral.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What's the difference between this new one and the original 6 point brace?

Edit: Looking at the pictures closer, I can clearly see that they must removed the a-arm front points. Took me a minute.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Glad I bougth a 6 point while they last !!!
Super easy to install, no need to remove anything but some bolts. Make your life easier, do this on a lift!
It does make a nice driving difference, not WOW! but worth the price.
Along with rear sway bar and front sturt bar, I can have the VT to oversteer a little instead of massive stupid understeer. Much more neutral.

Have you noticed any changes while driving 80mph on the highway?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is there a noticeable difference between this and a 2 point vs a full out 6 point? I have a 2 point sitting around and am caught between selling that off to get a used 6 point or buying this to go with the 2 point one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I see that the xbrace is a 4 point connection. I have seen a 4 point brace that is not an x, what are the difference's between them. do they mount to the same points? the other 4 point is like a square.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I see that the xbrace is a 4 point connection. I have seen a 4 point brace that is not an x, what are the difference's between them. do they mount to the same points? the other 4 point is like a square.
The other 4 point uses the a-arm bolts up front like the original 6 point. I think the full 6 point would now be the 2 point A arm and this 4 point X brace.

Reactions: Mr.MattyV

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have you noticed any changes while driving 80mph on the highway?

Unless you turn, hit bump or push hard on the car.......NO! Going fast does not challenge the suspenssion/handling of the ride.

Only thing is that you have to pay attention to speed bump and I got stuck 1-2 times in snow. I'm not even lowered!! No need to worry for snow if you're in Fl I guess.....

·
Registered
935 Posts
I don't drive the VT in the snow cause it sucks and I have 2 AWD cars so that's not an issue. Speed bump are though however. My community is full of them unless I go out the back way every time I drive the car which would be quite annoying .

Pics look like it tucks up pretty well and isn't lower to the ground than the side skirts. Hopefully it'll be alright

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Clearance, assuming you aren't lowered, isn't an issue.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Rear bolts of the K frame and then the bolted joint in the middle of the chassis. Same place the 6 point is. It will be the lowest point of the car but shouldn't be an issue unless you're driving over things you be driving over anyway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
are the bolts already on the k-frame/ i know that with i put my 2 point on it uses the bolts that are already there the a arm bolts so if that is true the new x-brace it a bolt up install

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Guess I got something to look forward to next Black Friday sale! Already got the 2 pt.

I don't drive the VT in the snow cause it sucks and I have 2 AWD cars so that's not an issue. Speed bump are though however. My community is full of them unless I go out the back way every time I drive the car which would be quite annoying .

Pics look like it tucks up pretty well and isn't lower to the ground than the side skirts. Hopefully it'll be alright
It will hang below the side skirts. In the middle of the car the lowest points are the exhaust and the frame rails. If this hangs below the exhaust enough to clear a 3" exhaust it will hang lower than the side skirts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts