Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
205/55R16 Nexen Winguard WinSpike Tires on 16x6.5 Fast Wheels H016 Hyper Silver Dark Wheels. Got them installed today just in time for the first snowflakes of the season :)

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Tire

·
Registered
53 Posts
What is the offset of the wheels? Can you please post a straight on photo of the front wheel, I would like to see the caliper/wheel clearance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the offset of the wheels? Can you please post a straight on photo of the front wheel, I would like to see the caliper/wheel clearance.
Will do it tomorrow during the day and post it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did that set you back? If you don't mind sharing that is.
$1150 plus taxes mounted, balanced, nitrogen filled and installed. I didn't want my VT to look like a police cruiser :)

The tires are ultra high performance studdable winter tires so the ride is better than the OEM tires and there's no difference in the noise. Will have to see the tread wear at the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I really like those rims. I like the dish around the bolts and I love the horseshoe spokes. They are very much like modern BBS LeMans/Sportscar rims.

Rolling those as your winter rims shows a very strong pimp hand. And did I hear you correctly? You can stud those tires?

Very nice. Very well done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the pic of the front tire. 15" wheels won't work with those calipers.
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Wheel
The dealer didn't have the offset information, you can probably get the information from the manufacturer at Fast Wheels Canada
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like those rims. I like the dish around the bolts and I love the horseshoe spokes. They are very much like modern BBS LeMans/Sportscar rims.

Rolling those as your winter rims shows a very strong pimp hand. And did I hear you correctly? You can stud those tires?

Very nice. Very well done.
Hehehe, yeah I didn't want my VT to look like a police cruiser and the best thing is that those are alloy winter specific wheels from Fast Wheels Canada

Yes, the tires are studdable, not that I can use studs here in southern Ontario :) They are also available at 1010tires.com 1010TIRES.COM - Error

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just ordered these wheels below with Blizzak WS 60 LS tires from Town Fair Tire. They should be in this week. You can see the wheels on a VT via tire rack.com. Total cost...ouch $1600. This includes front alignment, balance, TPMS, silver stems, installation and various fees/taxes.
Advanti Racing B1 Lupo
• Size: 18x8, 42mm Offset
• Price: $210 each
• Weight: 18.3lbs.
• Finish: Silver Painted
• Bolt Pattern: 5-114
• Construction: 1 Pc. Gravity Cast

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Here's a photo of the new wheels.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Motor vehicle

·
Registered
407 Posts
Picture of my winter rim and tires. Purchased from Kaltire.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got my winter tires mounted.
Mastercraft Glacier-Grip II, 215/55 16
Motegi Racing M125 16x7 rims
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Car
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
I am located in the GTA, will need to get a set of snows, what tire shop did you deal with? You can send me a PM with the details, if possible.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi Curley16, I bought local here in Rhode Island, but I used tirerack.com to see what looks good on the VT. It really helped me to decide what colour and wheels style would look best. I read on another forum where GTA locals were using tires23.com and they stated the tire prices are decent and they had a nice selection. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hi,
I am located in the GTA, will need to get a set of snows, what tire shop did you deal with? You can send me a PM with the details, if possible.
Thanks,
Ron
SimplyTire or Tires23

Here's my set up. 16" Tucson alloy wheels with 205/55/16 Hankook iPike w409 ties.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My new winter setup. 17" TSW with 215/45 17 Dunlop Graspic's.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Motor vehicle

·
Registered
969 Posts
Winter wheels look good. The VT looks good in almost anything! What a great pallet to work from.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After having to clean a severe dandruff case just to get out of the driveway last Friday I'm very happy with my Nexens. Driving to and from work was a breeze and when it felt like I was doing the job that a snow plow should've done earlier on side roads the TCS kicked in and they stuck to the road like glue.
Snow Blizzard Winter storm Freezing Winter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.