Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the situation...

At this point in time I have a BTRcc tune, Solo DP, Solo Exhaust, Injen CAI, and Turbosocks FMIC. These seem like the basics for anyone trying to get more out of this little engine. What I am wondering is what the next step to performance gains should be. I know that 845 has the upgraded turbo system but I'm not really looking to go THAT big just yet. I had seen in another thread a while back that people were on the hunt to see if there was any work being done on engine internals, specifically cams, and I would love to be enlightened as to where we stand on that. Mostly I want to hear about what else is out there in terms of beefing up the engine. Are there small mods here and there? Are we making progress on internals? Is the turbo upgrade the next step?

Thanks!

Reactions: Velosynter

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
torkpipe, 845 manifold, meth kit,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the TorkPipe and did the Turbosocks boost hack, forgot to add those in above.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Wondering the same thing as a matter of fact. All I know of as far as bolt ons are concerned are the torkme pipe, FMIC, CAI/SRI, DP, and exhaust. Tires I guess. Big brake kits? but those are wear and tear and not exactly "performance" per say. But like you I am only doing bolt ons. And a tune of course. I really don't want anything to do with engine internals. This is my DD not my hotrod. Though I would be interested to hear how a cam would sound in a VT. They sound awesome in SRT4's, sounding like a hotrod.

I know Torkme is trying to do a 600hp VT. I am guessing he is using stock internals until it blows. Then replace the weak parts as they go I assume. Socks said tibs had a nice block and help power for a while. like to almost 400 then that is when it needed internals. But I am not sure how the VT block is going to do. But I bet Torkme will be the first to tear down a motor especially if he is trying to make it fly lol

What is the Socks boost hack? I may have missed that...
http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...ant-free-boost-turbosocks-hack.html#post43751

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Socks hack is not needed if tuned.

I would say Bigger turbo, Clutch/flywheel, LSD, Meth kit, Cams, Pistons, Rods, Valve train. Which all are in the works... I would say save your money at the moment cause there will be a shit ton of new must have parts coming in the first few months of 2014 from ALL the vendors on this site. You better have $6000 laying around!!! haha

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you could....for conversational purposes....pay someone to make ur car have 1,000hp for say....$2500, would you?

I had a 556hp GSX. I blew 2 stock transmissions, and a SlowBoyRacing transmission. I had to order one from Shepard himself. I spent over $10k on transmissions alone. NOT including tq. converters or valve bodies or anything.

For this engine, i'd go no more than 350 to 375 hp and call it done. And yes, Id do a turbo swap WAAAAAY before internals. I wont put a tune until my turbo/manifold/wastegate is upgraded as well as intake manifold. The manifolds, turbo, wastegate and fuel pump will all be done FOR the tune I get. I wont do trial and error.

Now...my build weighs HEAVILY on when I get my next car. If we get it next year, as projected, this build will stop with full intake, full exhaust, FMIC, BOV and ICE.
This car is potentially for the wife. As soon as she's ready to get rid of her corolla...my VT goes to her, if its 2015...the build will be completed with turbo/tune and everything supporting.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you already have a tune, anything else you have done you are going to have to have it tuned again. Many performance/race shops are capable of doing custom ground cams, boring the block and porting the heads. This is fairly untouched territory since these cars are so new. It definitely won't be cheap, but just because no one on here has done it yet doesn't mean it can't be done.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Brakes, suspension and the best mod of all an HPDE event.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Just to clear things up I don't have the tuned ECU in yet (but have the tune), which is why I still have the TSocks hack on my V. Unfortunately I had already purchased the canned tune before I thought about going into bigger turbo or engine internals territory. Hopefully BTRcc can cut me some kind of deal when I need to go with a custom tune in the future (if I choose to go with BTR). After reading your responses, I'm thinking waiting and saving my money until a few months in to the year is going to be the best option. Too bad this hobby costs so much damn money...Hopefully the vendors put out some great stuff next year!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
LSD, Meth kit, haha
What kind of forum do you think this is?? :wink:

Instead of calling you Whiteboy, I'm gonna start calling you Dopeboy :)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
hahaha^^ Easy Talulu, if hes a dopeboy then I guess AZG is a colombian drug lord right?

Reactions: Talulu
1 - 13 of 13 Posts