Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok new to the forum and I have search the spark plug threads but im wondering if the Ngk silzkr7b11 would work in a 16+ VT. They are 7 heat range and same specs as oem.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
They will fit, but no, not a good plug at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ok. Im just trying to find some that will do better than the denso I put in there. I've seen the ruthenium ngks but wasn't sure about them either

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
I’ve been running ngk SILZKR7E8EG

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Door sticker says 16 but its late date so a 17. Just have a cold air intake and magnaflow muffler done. No tune. Been getting that turbo flutter in the lower to big range rpms under heavy load and im guessing its the plugs getting blown out.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Door sticker says 16 but its late date so a 17. Just have a cold air intake and magnaflow muffler done. No tune. Been getting that turbo flutter in the lower to big range rpms under heavy load and im guessing its the plugs getting blown out.
So a 17 VT. Manual or DCT? Mileage? Get it new or used? What do you mean turbo flutter? Video? What plugs are in it now vs what were in there before? Plug gaps?

No 16+ VT ever came with a heat range 7 plug as they all came with 8's. This is most likely not spark blowout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dct, 16000 miles roughly, bought new, had oem for the year and can't remember what denso I put in it but it showed compatible from the parts house. Turbo flutter as in it would start boosting and then it sounds like when it starts getting higher in psi it would start to miss or boost would drop off. Gap was around .028. No video

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally pulled the plugs to check them and they are denso zxu20hcr8. From what I understand they are a 20 in heat range as far as it looks like on the numbers?? Gaps are all the same as well but I think these plugs may be no good.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Why were the plugs changed from the OEM to start with? With only 16k miles it should be on the OEM plugs at the proper gaps unless upgrading to a better plug due to mods that require doing so. Those are heat range 6 in the NGK world and gap little too wide as they come. The OEM 16 VT plugs are heat range 8 with a tighter gap which is much better than those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because they had already been driven on for 2 years. Figured they'd need to be changed regardless of the mileage. This threads gone off base of what my question has been regardless. Was just needing to find alternate plugs that will work aside from oem seeing as the parts stores around here cant get oem and the only place to find them is Amazon or dealership.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Albert Hwang on FB, FB for sale groups, any vendor for these cars, ask on here for plugs, many other places on the internet. Not difficult to get plugs just a matter of what you want where you ask and what you want to pay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok new to the forum and I have search the spark plug threads but im wondering if the Ngk silzkr7b11 would work in a 16+ VT. They are 7 heat range and same specs as oem.
If I'm not mistaken- Hyundai realized that the heat range 7 was way too hot, & that's why all models after like 2016 I think, went to 8 heat range. I'm running NGK 1422'S (heat range 8) and they're pretty good. No complaints. $40.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Up until some time in 14 they were heat range 6, then that point to end of 15 was heat range 7, then heat range 8 16+. Tune changes a lot as well as other things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts