Veloster Turbo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks for the early payments, guys. Much appreciated!

We've emailed paid members with confirmations and will continue marking you guys as shipped on page one of the thread. Tracking info will be sent as we move forward.

If you have a specific question regarding your order, please reply to the confirmation email that was sent to you and let's proceed from there.

Thank you!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

A quick note:

I've noticed a couple of you guys ordering BELTS along with your NST pulleys, and a few others have inquired...

Q: I thought the NST pulleys were compatible with the OEM belt, but you list a belt on your website?

A: YES! The NST pulleys are compatible with the OEM belt and you DO NOT need to use a different belt with your pulleys. We do list a Gates belt as an optional item for customers who have reached enough miles to where they feel like a belt change is required. Just fyi, the OEM belts are wear and tear items and should be changed apx every 40,000 miles.

For those of you who may be interested in adding a belt to your order, you can use your same GB promo code to save 25% on the belt also.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
430 Posts

A quick note:

I've noticed a couple of you guys ordering BELTS along with your NST pulleys, and a few others have inquired...

Q: I thought the NST pulleys were compatible with the OEM belt, but you list a belt on your website?

A: YES! The NST pulleys are compatible with the OEM belt and you DO NOT need to use a different belt with your pulleys. We do list a Gates belt as an optional item for customers who have reached enough miles to where they feel like a belt change is required. Just fyi, the OEM belts are wear and tear items and should be changed apx every 40,000 miles.

For those of you who may be interested in adding a belt to your order, you can use your same GB promo code to save 25% on the belt also.

Thanks all!
hold the code till I get to 40k...:wink:

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's only a 19$ belt.... If you can form the $$ for the pulleys just spend a little extra for piece of mind

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've only got about 3500 miles. If I somehow gouge the crap out of my OEM belt during install, I'll deserve every bit of regret I'll have for not bundling the new belt.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Paid!!! And ordered the new belt :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nah...not about the money. Who knows if I'll own the car at 40k, but I can appreciate your logic. Plus, I already paid...would be another 8.60 for shipping.
I actually emailed them today about adding a belt after I had already paid. They very promptly created and invoice for me and emailed it to me directly for the price of the belt minus 25% and free shipping since they would be shipping out together. I am very pleased with the responsiveness I have received from NST!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I actually emailed them today about adding a belt after I had already paid. They very promptly created and invoice for me and emailed it to me directly for the price of the belt minus 25% and free shipping since they would be shipping out together. I am very pleased with the responsiveness I have received from NST!
Thanks bud!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks for the payments over the weekend. Packages started shipping yesterday and will continue shipping today. Tracking info will be updated as boxes go out.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks Mike, got the shipping info. We'll see how quickly these things hop across the border.

·
Registered
342 Posts
About 400 miles on mine so far and everything's great

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Registered
343 Posts
Out For Delivery!!! :smile:

I have one question before I try installing either of the pulleys. I have read through many NST threads and seen references to using a hammer to brace against the "ring gear" to remove the crank pulley as well as to allow the proper torque to be applied. Is this same process used for automatic transmission vehicles? If so, where is the "ring gear"?

I also asked the same question over on this thread: http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...p-tuning-lightweight-pulley-dyno-results.html

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not sure what the ring gear is but there are some places behind the pulley on the engine block you can wedge something into to keep the pulley in place. Preferably something that won't damage the pulley when torquing it down.

Hammer with a soft grip would be good remember aluminum is extremely tough but not extremely hard so just keep that in mind.
Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Ok ladies and gents, we hit the required sign up number on our final day!
Please visit the following link between May 18 and May 31 to submit your payments.
DURING CHECK OUT USE PROMO CODE: VT25

2011 - 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Pulley Kit NST31600K

Please be sure to include a NOTE with your color selection and your screen name.
We are getting a little low on some colors, please hurry if you absolutely MUST have a certain color
OR include your top two/three color choices and we'll email you to confirm after payment processing.

I will make members with -PAID- tags on our official list, on page one of this thread.
Packages will ship as payments are processed, and tracking info will be emailed to you.

Promo code VT25 can also be used to receive a discount on any other item you might like to add to this order!

Thanks again, best of luck with all your projects!!!

00. NonStopTuning - Crank & WP - RED
01. markellos - WP Pulley - BLUE
02. Cruzwestcoast - Crank & WP - Gold
03. Allen_rubin - crank & WP - Blue - -PAID-
04. TreeHugger74 - Crank & WP - Blue - -PAID-
05. Armbender - Crank & WP - Red - -PAID-
06. mehringe - Crank & WP - Gold - -PAID-
07. TheDoogs - Crank & WP - Red
08. B-ber - WP - Red - -PAID-
09. Geekdragon - Crank & WP - Blue - -PAID-

Thanks again, best of luck with all your projects!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
We only have a few kits left as of this writing for anyone else who'd like to take advantage of this offer this weekend!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Mine showed up in Canada today, remarkably without any import charges. I'll try and be civil about receiving my back-up color choice. Gold will be fine. I guess... :p

My Dad and I have already had some fun playing the pulleys like bells. The pureness of tone from these is insane when you ring them, and the sound carries on for ages. You guys should have a side-business making wind chimes.

Reactions: NonStopTuning
61 - 80 of 81 Posts