Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I ordered the official November 2020 map and software update (ver 14.10) for my '15 VT w/tech; listed as for models 2012-2015 US version (PN 1411UFS), and have installed it without issue (though it does take almost 3 hours).

Now I'd like to make it available to users here (only cost about $25, but what the hell - why pay it if you don't have to), so I'm looking at uploading the files to the cloud... as far as I can tell, I should be able to just upload the contents of the USB - I don't see that this is a bootable drive, only that there's an autorun program on it. Can anyone with prior experience with these confirm that? I don't want to go through the effort of uploading this just to find out that it won't work for anyone because it needs to be an iso or something.

Screenshot of the USB contents, with "hidden files" shown:

And, for reference, the software/map version after update:

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
create an ISO from the USB using imgburn, them make/upload as ZIP or leave as ISO :)

easiest way to do it honestly.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is definitely a stupid question, but what does w/ tech mean?
LOL, not a stupid question: it means "with Tech Package", which added the panoramic sunroof, auto headlights, auto temperature control, 115VAC outlet onboard, backup warning sensors, and navigation - it was relevant to my original post because of the navigation!

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL, not a stupid question: it means "with Tech Package", which added the panoramic sunroof, auto headlights, auto temperature control, 115VAC outlet onboard, backup warning sensors, and navigation - it was relevant to my original post because of the navigation!
Oh, Ok I didn't know that those were all together. Same my car has.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay then, here's a zipped ISO for anyone who wants it: VNov20MapUpdate.zip - Shared with pCloud

NOTES:
-This is sold by MnSOFT/Hyundai as US part number 1411UFS for V or VT 2012-2017 (also lists Canada Model PN 1413UFS for 2016-2017, but I can't confirm that).
-This requires approximately 3 hours to complete. I strongly advise that you connect a battery charger to the vehicle rather than driving around for 3 hours without your navigation, stereo, or BT.
-This was shipped to me on a 32GB flash drive - it's only ~9GB unpacked in the file tree, but it unpacks more data as it's doing the upgrade, so I strongly advise putting it onto a 32+ GB drive as it was sent to me.
-The manual is simple:
1. Make sure the battery power supply remains stable during update (connect to charger)
2. Switch on the ignition
3. Turn on the AVN system
4. Insert the USB stick that you've burned this ISO onto
5. Press the "OK" button when the popup advising you of Software upgrade appears
6. Press "Agree"
7. Press "Agree" again
8. Leave it the absolute f*#k alone for the next 140-180 minutes
9. MAKE SURE THE IGNITION STAYS ON
10. When it's done, confirm the map version has been updated

It takes a long time but worked beautifully on mine. Please note, I do not provide support or advice for this process; I'm just providing the ISO here for others who hopefully know what they're doing - I don't claim to, which is why I bought the thing from MnSOFT myself rather than fiddling around with it.

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, Ok I didn't know that those were all together. Same my car has.
I think it maybe also depends on the year and transmission... not actually sure. Seems like the autos had some different standard features than the manuals, and package names/features varied by year too, I think.

Reactions: RyanClark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bless you, for this!! I'm downloading now! ....Whooohoo!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts