Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
pretty sure those aren't o2 sensor codes so i don't think it's your downpipe...

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
No I just removed the stock ecu and replaced it with the new. Then let the car on ACC for 30 sec (saw sfr video) and did this 3 times and then started the engine.
ECUs need to be VIN matched by the dealer. That is likely why you are receiving codes. Also if the ECU you received was not a Euro spec you may throw codes as it is not seeing what it expects. An Aussie member had the same issue with emissions codes getting thrown on a non-Aussie spec ECU.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Markellos, I'm using the 845 catless DP with OEM sensors and no problem (touch wood).

When I replaced my OEM ECU with the spare, I immediately threw P0447 - Evaporative Emission System-Vent Control Circuit Open; and P0453 - Evaporative Emission System-Pressure Sensor High Input. These occur in Australia because we don't have these sensors on our vehicle.

I haven't popped the P0462 FUEL LEVEL SENSOR LOW VOLTAGE. Look here for further information. May help??

P0447 and P0453 can't be cleared (tried at my dealership after the spare ECU was VIN matched and installed by them) but I don't know about P0462.

If you get your spare ECU tuned , your tuner might be able to permanently delete these DTCs.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've had no problems other than the CEL being constantly on. I think you have two options (if I'm wrong will someone please correct me): send your original ECU for the tune (this is what I'm going to do - don't care about warranty) or ask if your tuner can eliminate those codes from your spare ECU when it is flashed.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
999RXerox , Do you know if there is an option to install the sensor/s that are the reason why we get those codes with the korean ecu?
John from Tork Motorsports told that the code wont harm the engine or car but i am looking for a way to get rid of them in case i install stage 1 on my spare ecu.
Sorry, don't know if this can be done.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I threw all of those codes when I got a replacement ECU and tune from SFR, plus I had rough cold start, rev hang, and blew lots of smoke under power. Ended up sending my stock ECU to Tork and all (much) better now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts