Veloster Turbo Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Not prepped. No VIN transfer. Bought it on eBay. Only way to know is to test it yourself.
Write the file, then bench read. That way you would know if the VIN was actually transferred successfully.

For the simple fact that the car started would make me believe this was a success, this may be good to know and bad also.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
We are working on a software editing gui, similar to Romraider/Tuner Pro.
Tuner Pro is not bad, but there had better be an intuitive "how to tune" with this ECU or you are going to see self tuned applications with all sorts of problems.

I wouldn't even want to try and bring a software suite to this market without the owners having intimate knowledge of the ECU. Just like Cobb now, you have to take an online class in order to get the tuning suite.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
866 Posts
Back in my Cobalt days, Vince from Trifecta Tuning would arm the Cruise Control button with the active tune. Referred to it as SAT tuning.

So it was the factory tune, but if you pressed the cruise control button on it would switch tunes.

I think Vince might actually be creeping on the these forums from time to time.
when I had my Tahoe... the tune was moderately aggressive under normal driving conditions but the tune got significantly more beast when the "tow mode" button was pushed on the shifter. A friend of mine tuned it this way as the tow mode tune removed all torque management (or damn near it) in this mode which would not have been an ideal way to drive around a DD all the time. It was a neat way to increase power on the fly in the cockpit. I sat in on a number of these tuning sessions and basically arm chair quarter backed... Kind of wished I asked a few more questions and paid tighter attention as I would like to get involved in the tunning of my own car

·
Registered
533 Posts
when I had my Tahoe... the tune was moderately aggressive under normal driving conditions but the tune got significantly more beast when the "tow mode" button was pushed on the shifter. A friend of mine tuned it this way as the tow mode tune removed all torque management (or damn near it) in this mode which would not have been an ideal way to drive around a DD all the time. It was a neat way to increase power on the fly in the cockpit. I sat in on a number of these tuning sessions and basically arm chair quarter backed... Kind of wished I asked a few more questions and paid tighter attention as I would like to get involved in the tunning of my own car
Problem... the new MED ECU's have some unique qualities about them. We have been working on MAP switching for sometime now, and have had success with ignition timing and fueling. Boost management has been a problem. Map switching itself is done, getting the car to boost properly will require new mapping to be coded into the ECU, or... we have to use throttle limiting factors and transfer files for throttle control.

There are many unique ways to tune the MED ECU, but its new enough to cause issues that people like myself have got to dig into. It sucks, but eventually we will have all this stuff sorted.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I don't even think APR has map switching for Audi/VW ECMs.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The return of VT-Flash?
Tuner Pro RT is fairly intuitive to use, although it could definitely use some enhancements.

Is this going to be free and what improvements would make it preferable to TPRT?
You know how to get ahold of me, we should talk in private.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
For those wondering about device compatibility...reading on Win 10 via Apple Bootcamp.
Witchcraft. Make sure your car still works with normal gas station nozzles.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Mostly for those wondering about Win 10 compatability...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm looking for XP compatibility, if it's not going to support that os, then I'm done .....🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mostly for those wondering about Win 10 compatability...
lol. That too, and good to know. I hope to confirm native Win 10 compatibility shortly, even if it's on an ancient netbook that barely runs it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just have a few questions, and i apologize up front for my ignorance. i cant read enough to learn. i have a open Taxtrix 2.0 from 4 to 5 years ago bought for Mitsubishi eclipse. i was wondering if Winols or Ecm Titanium would be able to use for editing ecm rom file? i have a Powervision CX for my Indian Chieftain motorcycle. and the work they did on there software for editing all the tables is very nice. so if i got this right we can flash, and read the Ecm but editing is still very beta? i have more equipment than i know how to use. such as Kess Ktag, Actia, soon Abrite Avdi. So any links you all can send me for learning would be greatly appreciated. i have been reading on the A2l extension files, but still more questions than answers. by the way i have the 2016 Rspec KN intake. i was thinking of ordering pcmflash with module 19. is this correct? i do have spare ecm. but it is for different Veloster.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
by the way i have the 2016 Rspec KN intake. i was thinking of ordering pcmflash with module 19. is this correct? i do have spare ecm. but it is for different Veloster.
why do you have a spare ecu for a different veloster?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
A commercial tuning solution is being released in the next week or so, it is a read/edit/flash/datalogger all in one...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
20180606_203837.jpg
We are bete testing now, it is being released by one of the best tuning companies out there, the community has always wanted this, now it is happening

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
vf2 flasher for 1.6L T-Gdi

by Green Technology Devices

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any more breakthrough updates recently? I was looking at getting a sxth tune alone with the programming equipment but it looks like they pulled those options off their site. My friend is about 2 days away from buying a focus ST and he's making me kinda jealous with the "there are so many options on a tune, I can't decide" talk.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts