Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Noob here! I´ve been looking around for downpipes and i came across this one : OBX TURBO CATLESS DP . Have anyone heard of it? Comments or reviews (good or bad)

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
OBX has been around for ages making just about anything they can for vehicles. From past experiences there "okay" but can be better t seems like they have a few bad ones but most are good.

Did not know they came to the Veloster market already but hats cool lol

I would rather you spend the extra 75 on a much better quality product from our vendors Tork and 845

Reactions: rspec2014

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input Guys! right now choosing between tork´s & Pierce´s. Hopefully by tomorrow i´ll have a decision. :haha:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WoW....must resist temptation! The veloster universe is conspiring against my bank account! ....btw...ordered pierce´s catless dp.... cant wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
s-l1600.jpg
Sorry for the thread resurrection...
I know that OBX makes some average, never really great stuff, but I was looking at this just killing time, and I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole "two piece" set up of this. I've never seen an aftermarket dp or a stock dp for the VT in person, so bear with me... Can someone explain how this goes together and functions? It looks nothing like the 845/Tork. Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the obx installed on my car atm ( its temp until txe comes out )...it's pretty good. The turbine side of the downpipe hole isn't 3 inches. It's 2.5 inches and opens up to a 3 inch. For a cheap temp piece it does the job. For my application, i think the Txe with the 3 inch pm street downpipe would be great. Plus i can swap out downpipes if emissions get harder here...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ah, is the second piece (that doesn't have the elbow) even used if you already have a catback? It looks like something that could eliminate the factory resonator (or 2nd cat on 2016's).
Just noticed that this doesn't have a hanger at the lower end for the factory hanger location, how do you deal with that?

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
The year of the car will depend on what downpipe you can run. If you have a second cat, you will have to get a one piece downpipe, due to the differences in the model years.

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts