Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here will be ONE thread for all of the Media reviews of the Veloster Turbo.

The 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo is spooling up for a summer sales launch, but before dealers and eager drivers get their hands on it, automotive journalists by the planeload are passing through the Lodge at Torrey Pines this week, rattling quietly fabulous La Jolla with the sound of forced induction and earnest discussions about the merits of red Piloti driving shoes versus the blue.

This regular migration is more predictable than the one undertaken by the swallows that swing through nearby Capistrano. If possible, it's one that requires more frequent car washes, too. That's something to do with care, with the Veloster Turbo, in particular the matte-grey model.

Continue Reading @ http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1077094_2013-hyundai-veloster-turbo-goes-to-the-matte

Examiner.com Review

Digital Trends Review

Car and Driver Review

Hyundai Veloster Turbo: The Jalopnik Review

AutoBlog Review

Motor Authority Review

Motor Trend Review

Road and Track Review

This is TurboSocks editting this post, not dascrow...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice!

This new exhaust and the intake manifold also allowed engineers to give the engine a more robust sound to meet the desires of enthusiasts.
Did not know about the revised intake

Good read, still need a viable road test though :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Holy mother of god... finally an answer
We've driven the Veloster Turbo, and our first drive is on the way--but not until next week. Stay tuned to TheCarConnection and MotorAuthority for the word on the new hot hatch on June 27.

And I just loved this part, go Hyundai!
As it's squeezed in alongside the Scion tC, VW GTI, Honda Civic Si, and others, the Veloster's become a reverse-halo car for the automaker. It's bringing new buyers to showrooms that it hopes will one day grow out of the hatchback, and into bigger, more practical Hyundais as their needs change. It's sitting on Hyundai lots for only 12 days on average--the U.S. marketing arm can't get enough Velosters to dealers. It's convincing 30 percent of its new owners to opt for the manual gearbox, in a day when automatics are grabbing more share than ever, thanks to improved fuel economy and sport-manual controls.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
that is definitely NOT the elite white. pretty sure it is the ironman silver.. same car pictured here..

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ Cool, it just looked white to me, nobody's monitor shows color exactly the same way, your new pics look white to me also, on my phone..........

·
Registered
287 Posts
smb, that's awesome, a Vitamin C Ultimate Turbo, congrats! If I were buying this year I would be in the same car, but I'm buying in 2014, and hope like helll they add 26.2 to the list of colors next year

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ YAHOO, yes...

Last week we were invited to California, where we had the chance to put the 2013 Veloster Turbo through its paces

·
Registered
287 Posts
As expected, they are not happy with the performance, however, I thought this was right on
Power is made by burning fuel, and if you want impressive MPG there will always be a bot of compromise on the amount of power you get
I still believe though, it's going to be how the car feels that's important to me as opposed to the 0-60 numbers
After all, at the end of the day, 195 ft-lbs at 1,750 should indeed make this thing feel snappy

But while the spec numbers make it seem rather impressive, we felt disappointed by the car’s acceleration and speed. Power seems to peak early in the rev line. And while we’re not going to question adding a turbo, when comparing the pick and up go power to, say, the 2012 Beetle Turbo, the Veloster Turbo feels frail. The Veloster Turbo makes up for the lack of fierceness in its powertrain with stellar fuel economy. EPA ratings for the 6-speed manual sit at 26 mpg in the city, 38 highway, and 30 combined, while the 6-speed automatic will net 25 in the city, 34 on the highway, and 29 combined.

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ Thanks for posting that One, it's one I had not seen yet

Not a great review, by not a very bright candle...
He referred to the panoramic sunroof as also unique for the turbo model
I find if someone claims something stupid, I ignore their review

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, I think Hyundai wanted to find the happy medium. Too much sport ruins the ride for people wanting a grocery getting / DD. Not enough and you end up with the normal Veloster. Agreed on an R-Spec model; but at least the aftermarket will be big, and people will tune the car to fit their needs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Their ratings seem to be kind of... random. It's almost like they said "well, we need to choose a number for the interior. Back to the ol' hat!"

1 - 20 of 63 Posts