Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1624 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Event information is subject to change!.

GIVEAWAYS!

Part #1: Garageline 20/25 Spacers

Part #2: Full set of btJetman vents! (Hood, Fog, rear Reflectors)

Gift Certificates:
CERMA: 2x 200$
CERMA: 3x 100$
CERMA: 6x 50$

Free Pizza all day! (Little Caesars)

36 Sacks of Booty!
First 50 people get an event token!

More to come!

TUNERS: 9 (Still accepting more, and will take new comers on tune day)
TWEAKERS: 4 (Will be done after tuners)

PLACE:
Dyno Tune MotorSports
Address: 311 Opm Companies Dr, Galloway, OH 43119
Phone: (614) 778-8984 (Brian)
Dyno Jet Model 248

TIME:
March 29th 2014
Tuning will start @ 8AM

PRICE:
(FOR TUNERS)
Stage 0 / 1 - 500$
Stage 1.5 - 595$
(FOR TWEAKERS)
200$ for tweak
(DYNO)
100$ (CASH ONLY, Paid when signing dyno waiver)
(FOR EVERYONE ELSE)
The event will be FREE to everyone!

PAYMENTS:
TUNES - Contact Reggie for payment info
TUNE PREPERATION:
Tork passed down some things they they require from anyone who gets tuned. Its mostly common sense to make sure you get the best tune and safer for your car.
1) Good tires
2) Fresh oil change
3) Clean air filters
4) Any 15k, 30k etc services have been performed
5) Have the correct gas (Dont run 87, and fill 3/4 of your tank with premium on your way here.. If you arent already on Premium, switch and reset your ECU and get a good 3-5 tanks in before the event) These tunes are designed for 91/93
6) OEM spark plugs replaced after 40K
7) Make sure ALL clamps are tight, BOV is set correctly

HOTEL INFO
64.99/Night
RED ROOF INN COLUMBUS WEST - HILLIARD
( PROPERTY 009 )
5001 RENNER ROAD
COLUMBUS, OH 43228
PHONE: 614-878-9245
FAX: 614-878-0142 Check-in Time: 03:00 PM
Check-out Time: 12:00 PM
Check-in Age: 18 years or older

The last Ohio event was a huge success, at this point we could likely double the numbers!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
BULLETINS:

Pre/Post Event tunes Info
PRE: If you order a bench tune before the event and want it custom tuned, the cost is 200$ regardless if it makes any more power.
POST: If You pay a deposit or full payment and the event is cancelled, Tork will accept this as payment for a ECU mail-in bench tune.

TUNE ORDER
1) UltegraSTI
2) TheGeekFreek
3) Ch3mist
4) Neilstarkey
5) Contain
6) 3SxTurbo
7) ThePuma84
8) Alek
9) WildHareMS
10)
11)

DONATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Due to a couple awesome last minute donations I am able to add some final polish to the meet and I dont feel any more is needed..
If you feel you just HAVE to donate beyond this point, it will go to help with VSPORT, and not this event.
Thank you to all who donated! You have GREATLY helped make this event what it has become!
(List is not in any particular order)

Special Recognition to the top 3 Donators!

- Chris Warfel - CH3MIST
- Charity Knight - Talulu
- Stephan Hare - WildHareMS

Laura Harvey
Keith Ecklund
UltegraSTI
Kade Henderson
Levi Smith

PARKING SITUATION

We will have someone guiding cars around until about noon.
Pull up to the rear parking lot and STOP! (By the purple area)
If you dont, I have instructed him to jump on your hood if you try and park yourself.

Yes, I know this is a bit hard to read, just go straight back to the end of the driveway and we'll put you where you need to go.. If you are arriving after noon, just find a spot.

DT = DynoTune
**All grass parking in overflow will likely be forbidden as its supposed to rain on Friday.

GAME PLAN FOR THE DAY

8:00AM - Dyno starts rolling
Tuners need to pay VERY close attention to how fast we go through cars.. We will be making announcements by megaphone when someone needs to get in line.. At ALL times we will have 1 car on dyno, 1 ready to go, and one being prepped and checked by owner and pit crew if needed. There is no official pit crew established but there are a lot of people that can be called on to help get you checked out. If the line has to move and you are not present you go to the end of the tune line.

Sacks-o-Booty will be available at the Booty table, There are 36 available, and either you can chose one or be given one but you cannot trade back. Names will be taken and you will be checked off the list when picking up. The Sack contains your poker chip event token. For those that do not want a sack-o-booty, you can chose to just take the event token.

10:30AM - Part Give Away #1
(Entry by Veloster Keyfob, must be present to win)
(Keyfob only, no keys or extra rings attached)
Main VT Parking Area
Keyfobs will be put in container, everyone that entered will stand by their cars, a keyfob will be drawn and beeped to determine the winner. Once the winner is established we will beep each car to have driver pickup keys.

11:30AM - Pizza Pickup
Little Caesars!
Sodas/Water/tea/poison will also be available
Will be setup on our Booty tables

12:30PM - Cerma Gift card giveaway (Starts once everyone is fed)
(Games/Challenges/Trivia)
(Must be present to win)
Main VT Parking Area

2:00pm - Part Give Away #2
(Entry by Veloster Keyfob, must be present to win)
(Keyfob only, no keys or extra rings attached)
Main VT Parking Area
Keyfobs will be put in container, everyone that entered will stand by their cars, a keyfob will be drawn and beeped to determine the winner. Once the winner is established we will beep each car to have driver pickup keys.

END: (Cleanup starts when there are 3 tweakers left)

**Post-Event Stuff**
Was thinking, if we are done and there is still daylight hours, whoever is left should take a fun-run lap around the loop and maybe head up to either Easton or Polaris.

** Rules for the giveaways
- Must be present to win
- There is no warranty or guarantee on anything won. Problems fixed at vendors discretion.
- If we feel anyone is cheating, they can and will be literally and figuratively booted from the event.
- All is fair in love and war, dont be a sore loser.. I have balanced this as much as possible so no one has an unfair advantage.
- You can only win 1 prize on the event day.

** General Rules
- Dont be an ass
- Lots of expensive cars here, dont throw things around or burn out in the parking lot..
- Dont litter, we will have trash cans around and an area for smokers.
- Those breaking the rules will be fired... from a canon, into outer space.. or just ejected from the premises with extreme prejudice.
- You are gonna be photographed and recorded during the event. If you would like certain things undocumented like your mods/tunes/real name/username/whatever.. You can make these special requests to me, and I will try to accommodate them as much as I can.
- I have created a public drop box for everyone to put their event photos/video in and also have an 8TB media server or backup if we have more.. I will publish this the night before the event.. It will also have a dropbox referral which nets us both an extra 500mb if you are new to dropbox.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well- Since I don't have any of the required equipment, I will be down for the Meet part.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Count me in good sir! I vote we shoot for late March.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
It's not required, it just helps get better results..
But yeah, I am going to try and make it a meet as well if we have the room.
Geek if everyone was wanting me to be the coordinator for the meet part again we will probably combine the two, even if I dont get tuned depending on how tax checks and getting my last bolt ons work out but obviously I will still be present and will help organize

·
Registered
751 Posts
I might be up for this, although Id like to get my ECU tuned before this. Any chance you can talk with John (Tork) and see what it would cost to fine tune the set-up during this event? Assuming I get him to bench flash my ECU beforehand, that is.

And yeah, I'd be making about a 6hr drive to hang out for the day. lol

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I am feeling that you may need to use some vacation time Geek and make this a Saturday Event. I could do anytime on the weekend but if we are wanting to get a larger crowd, Saturday will probably work best for travelers.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Saturday would be best for me. I am sending my ECU to John as soon as the A/T tune is released, but would like to get it fine tuned on the dyno. And, even though I am just outside of the red ring on the map I will still plan to attend.
Saturdays are typically better for most, IMHO.

If this were to ever happen, I would also most likely attend but have no need for a tune.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the guys wanting to get a flash now, remember, if we dont get 10 people, this likely wont happen.. If you guys can hold off for a couple months and make the meet, its helps everyone including yourself to get it cheaper (hopefully) and fine tuned at the same time!

Puma, I am totally cool with you setting up the meet part however it has to wait until I find a shop that will give us a spot, and then it depends if they have room for ~15 cars or a VERY nearby place for everyone to kick back.. as of now, I will ai for a Saturday.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
For the guys wanting to get a flash now, remember, if we dont get 10 people, this likely wont happen.. If you guys can hold off for a couple months and make the meet, its helps everyone including yourself to get it cheaper (hopefully) and fine tuned at the same time!
You might want to point out that those who want a custom tune will most likely have to pay at for the dyno time in addition to the cost of the tune, as a shop isn't going to give away dyno time.

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
We will be fine tuning those that have already got our tune, and it will be at a discount. It will simply depend on how long we are on the dyno and what your base line numbers look like. If you are already making great power with one of out tunes, I don't see a need to take additional money from you, LOL.

This is me checking in and if there are any questions I will be trying to answer them in a timely manner.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We will be fine tuning those that have already got our tune, and it will be at a discount. It will simply depend on how long we are on the dyno and what your base line numbers look like. If you are already making great power with one of out tunes, I don't see a need to take additional money from you, LOL.

This is me checking in and if there are any questions I will be trying to answer them in a timely manner.
Very cool, John. So for those of us who will already have our ECU tuned by you & want it fine tuned, maybe you & the OP can figure out a $ for deposit for us.

Damn, I was going to say I know a place with a dyno in Lewis Center, but turns out that one is a Mustang not a Dynojet

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Can we count 2 fine tunes as 1 new tune?!?!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

Puma, I am totally cool with you setting up the meet part however it has to wait until I find a shop that will give us a spot, and then it depends if they have room for ~15 cars or a VERY nearby place for everyone to kick back.. as of now, I will ai for a Saturday.
Yeah I can wait until we have some more details ironed out then I will start putting some pieces together

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok, Have 3 shops onboard..
Going to meet with them after new years to see who wants it the most!

In other news, I just nailed down a FMIC, so I will likely gut my cat and take the tune if this event happens..
Sorry guys, but shes a predator and needs to eat :D
This is pending the availability of an AT tune.

At this point, all we need is to know whos interested and able to afford the tune by the time frame!
PM me if you have the cash in hand burning a hole in your pocket, and Ill get you added to the list once paid up.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couple things for today..
Can I start getting a headcount who is in for a meet.. Since Puma and I are going to be planning this as two separate events to merge at once I'd like to start getting an idea of how many people to plan for

Also,
If anyone is interested in doing an interior swap while at the meet/tune, Let me know!
My grey interior is still in perfect condition and would like to swap it for the blue.. at minimum, just do a seat swap and I can paint the rest! Please let me know ahead of time, I will bring some tools.

1 - 20 of 1624 Posts