Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 turbo with 105k installed catch can and noticed it fills up with lots of water and oil and gas mixture. I have to empty it this every 2 to 3 weeks. I know this is not right so ANY suggestions on WHY its collecting so much mosture?? Does have a short ram air intake.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,151 Posts
This is normal especially on an engine with more run time on it and will do so quicker in humid air.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
168 Posts
I have 2015 turbo with 105k installed catch can and noticed it fills up with lots of water and oil and gas mixture. I have to empty it this every 2 to 3 weeks. I know this is not right so ANY suggestions on WHY its collecting so much mosture?? Does have a short ram air intake.
If the tubing you're using is longer than about a foot, it's going to generate a lot of condensation as the engine cools down after being run. I have some very long tubing on both of mine and emptying them is a weekly chore in the winter/early spring. I've noticed on weeks that have higher temperatures (low above ~50F) my cans don't fill up at all, whereas during the winter it was constantly spitting out water. Where are your catch cans located, and about how long is the tubing?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,151 Posts
All of this is normal. Amount of blowby, humidity, and can efficiency are the main factors to how fast the cans will fill up.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,032 Posts
also get bigger baffled cans :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts