Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally getting around to installing the OCC. I'm looking at putting it here:
photo 2.jpg

And I'm going to use those two mounting bolts for a solid install. I don't want it bouncing or floating around.
I wanted to know what is the bolt towards the bottom called? Engine Mount ________, something?
I don't want to unscrew that one, I wanted to buy a replacement bolt and just bolt it on top, cause I see some additional thread available.
By the coolant bolt I can just install the bracket behind the plastic which is fine.

So what is this:
photo 1.jpg

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Here's my CC. Mounted to the vertical member in the front center behind the grill.
MVC-001F.jpg
MVC-002F.jpg

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The engine mount might not be the best location. That mount actually flexes quite a bit under load. I know this because a dealer mechanic showed me after finding that the mount was contacting my OCC which was mounted in that free area on the passenger side.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what if I just used the one bolt that holds the coolant reservoir, first bolt on top I marked.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Old license plated made into mounting bracket attached to battery tray. When my smart phone starts working again, or I get a camera I'll post pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts