Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Oil cooler hose

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ZeeZ 
Hi All

Have oil in radiator, oil cooler seems to be the culprit, according to mechanic,
I saw an OEM part on Ebay part no 26410 2b740, Agent will only give me part of the (740) can anyone confirm if this is the correct no? (2016 VT, DCT)
The shipping time is ridiculous to get to Galali Bahrain.
Trdtoy could yrself or someone else help out with some pricing incl shipping (lead time is critical).
is it possible to drive the car like this or best not to?
Thank you

here are some photos of what it looked like before cleaning it, cant be sure of how long its been like this as I never checked the radiator myself.
that is the correct part that i recently purchased myself.

interesting to note, that they are separate systems... so it sounds like the cooler itself may be cracked and dripping into the coolant passages? it seems pretty robust.
thats interesting...
Pm me what you need, when you need it, and I will see what I can do.
I have never seen an oil cooler fail like this but anythingis possible I guess. Oil in the coolant is usually a head gasket or engine block issue in some way. Unfortunately you can be a mechanic but that does not mean you're a good mechanic or good at diagnostics. Does not matter to the mechanic anyway as they're not paying the bill but getting paid.
Now I am concerned... There is no water or oil mixing in the sump, nothing visible on oil cap or dip stick? I tried calling the mechanic to do a flush he says first the cooler must be changed? the car is not overheating nor engine light on or any error codes, apart from checking radiator one would never know there was a problem, the leak started the same evening when my wife checked the water levels? I am at a loss for words and feeling deflated at the prospect of something else being the problem.

Attachments

Hi All

Have oil in radiator, oil cooler seems to be the culprit, according to mechanic,
I saw an OEM part on Ebay part no 26410 2b740, Agent will only give me part of the (740) can anyone confirm if this is the correct no? (2016 VT, DCT)
The shipping time is ridiculous to get to Galali Bahrain.
Trdtoy could yrself or someone else help out with some pricing incl shipping (lead time is critical).
is it possible to drive the car like this or best not to?
Thank you
Just to update this post....It was the oil cooler after all and fortunately was able to source one locally after many frustrating days. all seems good again, Thanks to all for your inputs and TrdToy for going the extra mile (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.