Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Greetings from Ukraine.
I've just bought a used Veloster Turbo 2015 with 40k mileage and noticed that the oil level is higher than max for 0.6-0.8 inches.
Also, there is stong smell of gas from the oil. As I understood from the forum - it may be a normal situation for Veloster.
My mechanic is trying to find a way to exclude potential HPFP issues from the equation. He suggests that it could be leaking fuel into the oil on high RPM.
Maybe anyone has any ideas on how to handle this issue?
Your help is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Welcome to the club!

i would change the oil and filter and monitor it from there. Any mods?

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
Yes do oil change with 1 gallon/4 US QT/128 oz of proper synthetic oil and oem filter now and every 3k miles max after that.

Most turbo GDi engines have oil dilution from fuel which is not usually a big issue with proper oil change intervals. With the low mileage there is not likely any issues. Keep in mind that some may overfill the oil going by the wrong oil change specs initially given by the oem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, guys, for your help. Definitely will do.
Is any way to get our HPFP specifications?
My mechanic wants to compare pressure in HPFP with "normal" values to exclude problems on this end.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
The pressure is 5 bar from the lpfp. On most ecu tunes the rail pressure from the hpfp will be 40 bar at idle, 150 bar under heavy throttle, higher load, and rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts