Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo with 140K miles on it. I noticed the other day that there is oil running down the exhaust side of the motor. Haven't gotten the car on a lift yet but it looks like it is coming from the turbo or the exhaust manifold. There is also a slight smell of burning oil on start up.

The car has had the recall on the ECU done about 30K miles ago and it currently has no issues with boost or drivability that I can determine. There are also no leaks on the valve cover gaskets. Hopefully I caught what ever it is before too much damage can be done.

My question is what do I need to expect to find when it is inspected on Friday? I have feeling it is the turbo letting go. If it is the turbo, what will be the cost to replace it and what other items might need to be replaced with it?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,654 Posts
Usually will be a gasket leak which is a cheap fix. Turbo replacement would be around 1k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo with 140K miles on it. I noticed the other day that there is oil running down the exhaust side of the motor. Haven't gotten the car on a lift yet but it looks like it is coming from the turbo or the exhaust manifold. There is also a slight smell of burning oil on start up.

The car has had the recall on the ECU done about 30K miles ago and it currently has no issues with boost or drivability that I can determine. There are also no leaks on the valve cover gaskets. Hopefully I caught what ever it is before too much damage can be done.

My question is what do I need to expect to find when it is inspected on Friday? I have feeling it is the turbo letting go. If it is the turbo, what will be the cost to replace it and what other items might need to be replaced with it?
it may not be from turbo, maybe valve cover leak...

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
Yeah, clean the engine and take note. Start from the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts