Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I thought I would pop by and tell you about my 2013 VT. Bought her just over 1 year ago with 10,000 miles on the odometer and no issues as I had a mechanic friend come and take a look. While everything was running fine for the first couple of months I got hit with a bad engine and multiple engine misfires… so I took it to the shop thankfully under warranty only having to pay $200. One week after, the ignition coil went bad so it was back to the shop for her. Shortly after I was involved in a car accident (other driver at fault) and had my front bumper torn off which meant another month in the auto body shop waiting for parts. Once she finally got out she was fine until the first oil leak hit. I was told from the service team at Hyundai that the auto body shop torqued the nut too much and that they would have me up and running in no time… $1,236 later which was needed to diagnose and drop the transmission to get to the leak they had it done for me. Since they claimed it was wear and tear and not under warranty I had to pay a pretty penny for it back. Since then I’ve been very cautious with this vehicle and was hopeful if never have to bring it to a shop again.. that was until today when I realized, I’m leaking oil yet again from the same exact spot as last time. Surely this can’t be them over-torquing the nut again so I’m curious as to what they’ll say this time. Stay tuned for the rest of the story. If you read all this, thank you for sharing this pain with me. I will include some photos of the leaks.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,429 Posts
Where is it leaking from?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check your paperwork and see how long they warrant the repair, and be ready for a healthy serving of BS if they decide they want to try and wiggle out of covering it. "Well last time it was this, but this time it's something that sounds different but is basically the same thing". Not everyone is honest, especially if it means eating a re-repair. Hope it goes well for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts