Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi experts,
Yesterday i just bought a 2nd hand veloster (non turbo) 2016 and today noticed that the previous owner put almost 1 inch more oil when i see the oil gauge. Now i opened the bottom case of the car' Engine and found leakage (picture attached). I discussed with a friend (mechanic) and he said its not a big issue, just need to again open this cover(which is full of oil) and then again put it back with some gel type sealant around it. What you guys suggest ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, pan Gaskit need to be replace or not?
btw i just found this sealant ===> fixing-oil-pan-gasket-leak . It seem that it can stop any kind of Engine oil leakage (without opening pan or other engine parts). Anyone use this before?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
317 Posts
Alright, pan Gaskit need to be replace or not?
btw i just found this sealant ===> fixing-oil-pan-gasket-leak . It seem that it can stop any kind of Engine oil leakage (without opening pan or other engine parts). Anyone use this before?
There is no actual gasket used on the oil pan. You have to use some kind of silicone gasket maker on the pan to seal up the oil pan to the engine.

What @trdtoy was trying to say is that once you remove the oil pan it needs to be thoroughly cleaned of old silicone on the pan as well as the engine block.
Clean and dry in both surfaces, apply bead if silicone to the pan, and remount pan to the engine block while properly torquing the bolts in the correct sequence.

Here some more on it from the service manual.
F5CD7EEA-6682-4CB2-BC3A-A96B13584B14.png

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
Yup it’s a weepy pan unless there is oil residue higher up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@misnblu Thanks for you detailed answer, now i understood what should i do.
Btw i just edit the topic as i wants to know the correct oil too. You know you guys are super lucky that you have many options to buy the oil brands but sadly i don't have. Today i went almost all the shops in my country (bahrain) including two official Hyndai dealers (spare parts) but i couldn't find the SAE 5W-20 (API SM / ILSAC GF-4). . Finally i bought Mobil Super 2000 5W-30 which is a cheap semi-synthetic API SM / ILSAC GF-5 . So it is ok to put this oil in non-turbo Veloster?

Moreover i have not paid the full amount to the owner because there is no tire kit ( including jack kit, air pump and puncher sealant ). He sent me this video and told me that there is no jack kit in veloster form 2011 - 2017 ==>
Please let me know if i am right or he is right?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
317 Posts
Most Hyundai's don't come with a spare or jack kit.
You can order the kit from Hyundai if you chose but the Velosters do not come with it.

In the oil it's everybodies opinion on what is best.
Since you have little selection with what you can personally buy I'd try to get full synthetic with the recommended weight rating for your car. 5w30 won't hurt the car and just change your oil regularly at 3-4,000 mile intervals.

Good luck. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Btw i just realised my mistake that why i was unable to find the API SM oil because it is old standard and the velsoter 2016 manual was written 5 years ago. Nowadays the current API ratings are API SP (which is better than API SM and API SN) . For more info here you go ===> Latest Oil Categories

1 - 11 of 11 Posts