Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
What kind if can you got? The cheap eBay cans tend to leak under pressure since they are usually multiple pieces.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
a cheap ebay OCC. Yes but today my car after removing the OCC and all the extra hoses my car popped CEL p0507 and idle rpms are higher than normal while on idle.
Anyway you could have split/punctured the oem PCV hose?

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
My car has high rpms on idle and CEL P0507 (Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected) popped lately and today i saw leakings on the Oil Catch Can and I immediately removed it and installed the hoses from / to PCV valve as stock (without the occ)

My car still has high rpms without the caTCH can, i cant see any leaking now but i dont know if it is my PCV valve open all the time and is causing the problem.

Had anyone similar problem / or an issue with the PCV valve it self?
The PCV and the leaking OCC are not "the cause" but a manifestation of your "high rpms" and related internal pressures. Take her to the dealer.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Tomorrow i will take the car to a local shop and have it inspected on diagnostic to find out what causes the Cel . Will update after
Well, you can start on your own by replacing the PCV,..its like 13.00 US cheap POSSIBLE fix......I believe there is another crank breather valve but its location is much more difficult. Arent the Euro Hyundais warrantied?? Why use a local shop,?

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
High idle means vacuum leak, which will also be a boost leak under power. It sounds like you left the line from the PCV valve leading to the IM open instead of capping it off.

Start your own thread in the help section with details; pictures of the can with all routed lines shown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts