Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising along one night, headed home from school. It was Friday around 2300ish.

Anyway I'm on the interstate doing the posted speed limit, or possibly over by a bit. (maybe like 80-85 mph range.) This yellow Cobalt with white rims and a shopping cart spoiler pulls up next to me. the exhaust is loud so im thinking he is one of those retards like we had in savannah, GA. (the ones that think putting a sticker on your window adds horsepower). he paces me, revs, and i can tell he downshifted. and me being me, i downshift as well and oblige. bad idea.... got totally destroyed. didnt know that they came as a legit SS at one point. anyway just had to vent that, and as for now. ive decided to curb my "im faster than you" attitude until the vt gets some performance mods

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Cruising along one night, headed home from school. It was Friday around 2300ish.

Anyway I'm on the interstate doing the posted speed limit, or possibly over by a bit. (maybe like 80-85 mph range.) This yellow Cobalt with white rims and a shopping cart spoiler pulls up next to me. the exhaust is loud so im thinking he is one of those retards like we had in savannah, GA. (the ones that think putting a sticker on your window adds horsepower). he paces me, revs, and i can tell he downshifted. and me being me, i downshift as well and oblige. bad idea.... got totally destroyed. didnt know that they came as a legit SS at one point. anyway just had to vent that, and as for now. ive decided to curb my "im faster than you" attitude until the vt gets some performance mods
unless it was a supercharged SS even with full bolt ons you wont be touching the power of the turbo cobalt ss ( they're 260 hp stock .. with a tune they're 300 whp) the supercharged version you could take with some mods but not they're modded probably as they put down 200-215 whp stock

did it have split 5 spoke rims, or thick 5 spoke? or aftermarket?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Talking about street racing in other forums I belong to will earn you an account supsension or the banhammer. Seems as this forums grows more people are bragging/venting about aggressive behavior or dangerous/illegal behavior. If you are going to dabble in racing please take it to a controlled environment such as a road course or dragstrip. I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, but not only am I a VT owner I am a:

1. mom to a beautiful child that rides with me every day as I try to avoid situations like you just mentioned
2. employee of a drag racing sanctioning body that offers plenty of opportunity for legal & safe racing.

Off my soap box....carry on.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I hear you, and I understand. I don't support actual street racing or dangerous behavior.

But I am guilty of accelerating a little too hard for road/traffic conditions and zipping around on the highway.

The VT has so far been a great little sports car but its performance doesn't blow me away. I knew when I bought the VT that it wasn't a high performance car so I don't see the point in doing any street racing anyway. I'll probably look at doing some SOLO 2 racing at some point to safely wring it out after it is broken in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.