Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
No reason to apologize. As you will notice... you were the first member to reply and not even local. There is no love in Nebraska for these cars.

I am still undecided on what I will be purchasing. Wife and I test drove an 2017 Audi S3, which we both loved, but we will be needing a bigger vehicle in the near future. I just purchased her a new Jeep Renegade Dawn of Justice edition, which is fun with the removable roof panels.

I am open to suggestions haha. I honestly have been looking at the Ford Edge Sports. My wife suggested the Range Rover Evoque, but I don't care for how short and compact they are.

I won't be buying another low end Hyundai ever again, as the value of the vehicle just doesn't hold.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Part of me wanted to wait for the new twin turbo Kia Stinger... Just not really sold on Kia.

I will keep looking tonight and see what I can find around me (within a 4 hour drive). I would prefer to keep it around $30k-35k, but depends on the car. I about put my signature on the S3 the other night. Compared to the Veloster... there is no comparison.

·
Registered
237 Posts
A3 is right within the $33,000 price point. Dealer has a white S3 locally for $42,000 that is new and fully loaded. It's a 2016 I think though, so they are trying to push it off the lot before the 2018s show up in masses. I feel the S3 would be worth the splurge and the wife approved. Plug and Play tune puts the car into the 300+ AWD WHP with no other mods, at all.

I have the luxury currently of my wife being a Property Manager and so we don't have a rent/mortgage payment. Last few years we have focused on eliminating credit cards and so as of 2 months ago, I am 99% debt free. Prior to the Veloster Turbo, I was driving a Mercedes C300 4Matic and loved it. This past week a guy on the highway yelled at me for not driving fast enough... yelled "Kid, guy that thing off the highway". Well I am in my 30's and am not a kid. At first it made me giggle... and then it made me miss driving a more sophisticated car, hence the search for something new.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Outside of Omaha, towards Lincoln the speed limit reaches 75-80. Most of my drive from home to work takes Dodge Street... which is a 4 lane each way highway. Speed Limits range from 55 to 65, everyone does 80 unless there is construction.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can vouch.. it might :) Makes a hell of a lot of noise to get there though.

I guess for me it's not about the speed. I am at that fun age in life where at any minute my wife could call me and say we are having triplets. So I can't really buy a new Miata Targa Top and expect it to be practical. In the same sense, I am not buying a Mini-Van. I would like something luxurious, or at least not constructed from melted down transformers toys.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Was busy last night with a company party for the College World Series.. I live in Omaha :).

Had Discount Tire dismount the tires from my Avant Garde Wheels and dismount the winter tires off my factory wheels. So the stock wheels are back on the car. Tonight I need to remove more of the aftermarket stuff and then tomorrow I will probably go make an offer and get mad and walk out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
And someone beat me to it. Drove up yesterday morning and it was already parked out back.

2014 Mercedes C300 4Matic Sport (CPO) for $23,000... wouldn't be awful. I drove a Mercedes before the Veloster and loved it.
2014 Mercedes Sport

21 - 40 of 52 Posts