Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take the Veloster back into the dealer this week. The rear speakers had been acting up and squealing, then crackling and then finally stopped working altogether. The car still had a loud squeal no matter what state the stereo or Nav was set to. Dealership diagnosed a failed rear Amp and has ordered a new one.... will keep you posted on the results.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That sucks! Hopefully they don't take long to replace it. The sound of speakers and subwoofer is actually pretty nice. I have 2 Pioneer Premier 12 inch subs from my previous car and was thinking of getting them installed, but so far I don't need so much bass lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. the stereo amp has been on order for over a week and they have told me it is coming from Korea. No ETA on when it will get here. This sucks because the feedback, squealing is really annoying and cannot be stopped unless they disconnect a bunch of the electronics. :blue:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got the amp installed. The replacement fixed the squeal but by then, the old amp had killed the rear right speaker... now waiting for a speaker to be replaced...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speaker came in, along with the mudflaps... went in on Tuesday to have it installed and...., Hyundai sent the correct part number and speaker according to their repair manual but the speaker was the wrong size! Service and parts think there is a problem with the service manual part number as they ordered the right speaker, but it definitely doesn't fit....

so, back to waiting for them to find the right part for my car! :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Issue resolved! Parts came in and they finally have my system working the way it should be... four trips to the service department later....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh wow, a bit over a month to correct an issue!! Glad it's finally fixed. I put the music pretty loud and the bass almost at max. Hopefully mine doesn't have issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts