Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 VT Full bolt on no tune yet :(
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help! I have recently got a tune and after the tune my car will only boost to 15.22 psi max. The tune should be pushing just over 20-22psi I have been running logs and that is the max boost I have gotten. Tuned by n75 motorsport so it's not a random tuner by any means. I have pressure tested for boost leaks and nothing was found. I have a mac bov and wasteage solenoid that are functioning with no issues and hooked up properly with port 3 going to the turbo and port 2 going to the wastegate. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am completely stumped on what to do at this point.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,151 Posts
Any codes? Because if boost is to be that high and only see the boost you have it will throw a code in most cases.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any codes? Because if boost is to be that high and only see the boost you have it will throw a code in most cases.
No codes at all which is strange. The car still feels great so this is what makes it weird. I am using the torque app to read my boost levels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you contact n75 to ask them?
When you first got the tune did it hit 20-22psi?

If you only have their "Soft tune" the boost will be very close to stock.
Yeah I have been in contact with him the whole time. He thinks it may be my solenoid but we have no idea. The car feels good apart from my boost level being so low. And I'm full bolt on minus aftermarket muffler
so we are targeting stage 2.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you contact n75 to ask them?
When you first got the tune did it hit 20-22psi?

If you only have their "Soft tune" the boost will be very close to stock.
And the tube has never hit 22 at all. It was hitting 18 before the tune on stock levels but dropped to 15 after the tune.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,151 Posts
Boost leak test the car. Be sure everything on the car is hooked up properly and in working order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boost leak test the car. Be sure everything on the car is hooked up properly and in working order.
Unfortunately I did already right before I flashed the tune. Could my mac solenoid be hooked up wrong? I'm not sure since there isn't much info on the mac solenoid vacuum line diagrams. Port 3 goes to turbo and 2 goes to the wastegate right now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take this advise with a grain of salt but did you try unplugging the solenoid to see what boost you hit? Reading up on it they say "energizing the solenoid will increase boost. This is a fail-safe so that if the valve loses power, boost will drop to its minimum set pressure. "

Also getting a tune from n75 have you though about switching to their Pierburg solenoid they sell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts