Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who thinks a Dodge Durango would be a better cop car than the Ford Explorer? Now I know this is a veloster forum but I just wanted to get ppl out of their comfort zone.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
no real experience with either, lol but the ford looks better.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
throw up some photos of each!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
85 Posts
Drove an explorer for a work car. Mom's got a durango. I'm team MOPAR. But both are nice

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,806 Posts
This is what I have and many think I'm a cop.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Drop a pic
Lol misread your question entirely. I can't unsee explorers as cops lol. Explorer is definitely for cops. Leave mopar for the people!

·
Super Moderator
4,806 Posts
The explorer is the better cop SUV. Jurisdictions choose their fleet vehicles based on pros and cons and many spreadsheets based on cost of operation and maintenance. Dodge does not compare closely so most jurisdictions it will be a battle of Ford vs Chevrolet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The explorer is the better cop SUV. Jurisdictions choose their fleet vehicles based on pros and cons and many spreadsheets based on cost of operation and maintenance. Dodge does not compare closely so most jurisdictions it will be a battle of Ford vs Chevrolet.
What is the Chevy equivalent to the Ford Explorer?

·
Registered
85 Posts
trailblazer/traverse.
Although around here it's all Chargers, Fusions, Explorers. With the occasional mustang, challenger, import.

·
Super Moderator
4,806 Posts
Usually the Tahoe is what they'll go with if not the explorer.

But Usually you'll see Explorer, Taurus, charger, or Tahoe. Occasionally others if they have more specific niche job for the vehicles outside of standard duties of most. Like "crowd control" for example they'd use a mustang ;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Usually the Tahoe is what they'll go with if not the explorer.

But Usually you'll see Explorer, Taurus, charger, or Tahoe. Occasionally others if they have more specific niche job for the vehicles outside of standard duties of most. Like "crowd control" for example they'd use a mustang ;-)
But I feel like the Tahoe is soooo clunky maybe even too top heavy I feel like the Explorer could be more maneuverable than the Tahoe. Yea the tahoe maybe powerful but I feel like it’s disadvantaged against the Explorer.

·
Super Moderator
4,806 Posts
Which is why most use the explorer. Keep in mind every vehicle is not chosen for the same uses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts