Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everybody, me and my friend we talking about intakes and they pointed out this intake for the first gens.

I currently have Torks 3.5inch short ram intake and don't plan on switching at the moment but just wondering what people's overall thoughts about this one. I don't really see anyone with them for first gen and was wondering if it is just a bad intake, too new or what?

Anyway look forward to hearing peoples thoughts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,558 Posts
It's a clean intake that has similar results to any other large tube high flow filter intake on the market. Many do not use it on the gen 1 VT due to cost and not knowing of it's availability.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will never understand why folks will spend so much on a piece of tube they can make themselves for a hundred dollars less out of junkyard intakes, auto shop muffler tubing, and Amazon couplers.

Does having a perfectly clean looking intake matter enough to you to make it worth the difference?

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
that takeda one looks super nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will never understand why folks will spend so much on a piece of tube they can make themselves for a hundred dollars less out of junkyard intakes, auto shop muffler tubing, and Amazon couplers.

Does having a perfectly clean looking intake matter enough to you to make it worth the difference?
I mean that is essentially what others do but if you cant bend or weld a pipe sometimes just makes it easier to buy one. I have a short ram from tork and that's all it essentially is any honestly I probably would've spent a similar amount all said and done

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a clean intake that has similar results to any other large tube high flow filter intake on the market. Many do not use it on the gen 1 VT due to cost and not knowing of it's availability.
Yeah I kind of figured that is why there are not many out there on these cars. It also seems rather new. I bet it would be a whole lot more quiet though since it is a closed box

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
It is a little more subtle sound when the box is closed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I mean that is essentially what others do but if you cant bend or weld a pipe sometimes just makes it easier to buy one. I have a short ram from tork and that's all it essentially is any honestly I probably would've spent a similar amount all said and done
I made mine out of couplings and junkyard intake and the only tool I used was an angle grinder. The inner DIYer in me just hates to see folks spend so much when it's so easy to make your own.
That said, mine doesn't look nearly as nice. But I made it, and it's fully customizable. "Built, not bought" or something, IDK

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
No the sound is not as loud due to being sealed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts