Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order on 5/24/16 for an auto ecu for my car. This was second time i ordered it as the first time i was reimbursed after several weeks of not getting it. Unable to check shipping status on your site, phone number does not work, and have not received an email update since 7/15/16 that just said you would email them to find out shipping status. Hopefully I can get an update on here.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Where did you order your tune

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My original order for the virgin ecu was on 4/29/16 as wbe site said they were in stock. That $ was reimbursed without reason weeks later to find out it was because they had no idea when they could ship one to me as none were in stock. Shortly after this i was told they could indeed send one to me as the supplier had them so I placed order again and was given 10% discount for the inconvenience and confusion.
Still no update since 7/15/16 or ecu in hand. Just wanting update on status is all, and a spare ecu to put a tune on.....:-(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Where are you guys ordering from

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Socal garage works
Virgin ecu, not a tune

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Yes I am going to respond to this. For one we always respond to all emails. Now unfortunately sometimes when we place an order with the manufacture for a Virgin ECU it takes them a lot longer than expected when this happens I always either offer a refund or I let the customer know. Also I know who you are that is asking about your ecu and I did respond to your email and no we DON'T sell any ecu with a tune on it we always suggest sending your ECU to either TORK or buying a pre-tuned ECU from BTR. Again we apologize for the delay and I have contacted them in regards to this order as we have already paid for this to be shipped directly to you so I will check again. Also we get a lot of messages daily for 16+ ecu we DON'T have access to these cause there is over 9 models of ECU for the 16+ we can only get ECU's for the 2013-2015.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Also the inventory fluctuates from the vendor sometimes there status shows there in stock on our system and when we place the order there not in stock and we don't get that information till after we have placed our order. This has happened with a few companies which I will not mention names that stuff is said to be in stock and isn't it is something that is not always under our control and we always offer a refund or a discount on future items when it has taken to long for an order.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Thanks for the update SoCal. For reference the 2016 ECU for my car so far is getting $695 cost at dealer. So lucky you guys with older cars.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received the ecu in the mail the other day. To my surprise it is a 13' auto ecu vs newer. Now just have to go through the steps to update the ROM id and cal file on it so I can then get a tune flashed on it.

Reactions: MrPalms

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They sent you a 13? Not a 14? I will call them today
I have a '15 car production date September 1 2014 if that matters. I can give you pics of my oem vs ecu I was sent as well. Let me know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a '15 car production date September 1 2014 if that matters. I can give you pics of my oem vs ecu I was sent as well. Let me know.
Unless I'm mistaken, the 2015 AT used two specific models of ECU, and isn't compatible with either of the 2013-2014 AT ECU or the 2016 AT ECU.

VELOSTER 15 Electronic Control Module; w/turbo, AT, ID 391182BBR1
VELOSTER 15 Electronic Control Module; w/turbo, AT, ID 391182BBR2

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This may help from Movt's thread:
Screenshot_2016-08-16-08-30-41.png

This is original ecu in my car:
20160522_233938.jpg

And the one I received from scgw:
20160816_080757.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Interesting. What do the "OLD ROM ID" and "NEW ROM ID" refer to?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ROM ID refers to the tune/programming in the ecu. The old ROM ID's are being replaced by the new ROM ID's by the dealers/hyundai to help cars run better/safer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts