Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Boston Red VT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went on a 4 hour cruise with a group, all of a sudden my dial shoots up to overheating and the temp warning light turns on. The A/c goes hot as well. I pull over and lift up the hood and the coolant before was a little below full and after overheating, it shot up past full and was bubbling. So I let my car cool down and after about 15 minutes I turned it back on and the coolant went back down to the normal level it was at before. I let the heat run for a bit as well. Its now 3 days later and it hasn't had that issue nor has it overheated again. Should I pressure test it? replace the thermostat? do a coolant flush? Has anyone else had this issue? I have a 2013 VT with 97K miles. Only Mod I have is a res delete and glasspack muffler. Very lost on what I should do next :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I went on a 4 hour cruise with a group, all of a sudden my dial shoots up to overheating and the temp warning light turns on. The A/c goes hot as well. I pull over and lift up the hood and the coolant before was a little below full and after overheating, it shot up past full and was bubbling. So I let my car cool down and after about 15 minutes I turned it back on and the coolant went back down to the normal level it was at before. I let the heat run for a bit as well. Its now 3 days later and it hasn't had that issue nor has it overheated again. Should I pressure test it? replace the thermostat? do a coolant flush? Has anyone else had this issue? I have a 2013 VT with 97K miles. Only Mod I have is a res delete and glasspack muffler. Very lost on what I should do next :(
Replace the thermostat. If yours is OEM. They're trash. Get a better brand one that's high temp.

·
Registered
2013 Boston Red VT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the engine coolant temp gauge is high than it's almost always a thermostat or coolant loss. The AC likely works. But the engine is dumping so much heat it's overpowering the AC.
Yea my a/c is now pushing colder air now that the car hasn't overheated since then and I checked for any coolant leaks after it overfilled and went back down but can't seem to find a leak which I am not complaining about :p

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Check the rad cap too to confirm no tears.

Reactions: TurboVHyundai13

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Test the coolant for hydrocarbons with a kit. May be a head gasket issue. Could be a fan or thermostat issue as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts