Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
CEL without any insert on the spacer, took 16 miles. p0139. I may pull the spacer off and try it again. Any tips on pulling the downstream sensor off with the subframe on? It was a pain to do last time.
Do you have a freeze frame of the DTC
would like to know what it's reading when set
This would give you a good idea of where you need to go with this
Some cars are just really touchy

By the way I just read the enable conditions for P0139 for the forte and it's not a simple voltage range like other vehicles
There are a ton of case and enable conditions for this code
It's gets quite complex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Can't really say. It's still possible even thought you can't hear it
But most likely not there at all given the info you have given
If you have someone hold a rag over the muffler while you listen for a leak it's a good way to find one

Just a word of advice do it when cold because it's hard as fack to hold it with a warmed up car and hot exhaust

I did manage to find a couple leaks this weekend and get them taken care of - using wide exhaust clamps instead of the band style clamps that came w/ the exhaust worked. Still didn't get rid of the code. I was only able to tighten the two O2 sensores by hand though as there is no room to get a wrench or anything up there though. I'm betting this is where my problem is. Gonna have to try to figure it out. Might need to drop the subframe down some to do it like you do to replace the sway bar.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It's hard to say, but only tightening the sensor by hand is definitely a start
These sensors have s crush style washer on them, so even when they stop with your hand there is much more to go. That being said, you defiantly need to take care of that before you try anything else. At this point in time there's no way to tell until you do this
There are many different 02 sensor sockets to choose from. I have about 3 different kinds for different applications

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It's hard to say, but only tightening the sensor by hand is definitely a start
These sensors have s crush style washer on them, so even when they stop with your hand there is much more to go. That being said, you defiantly need to take care of that before you try anything else. At this point in time there's no way to tell until you do this
There are many different 02 sensor sockets to choose from. I have about 3 different kinds for different applications

Yeah, I have a couple plus some lineman's wrenches... I just can't get a frickin' angle on those damned things.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Takes about 75 miles and 2 - 3 driving sessions. One of the two codes will be back.
I'm at 110 and still no light. I hope I'm in the clear. I was going to say, maybe it's year dependent but you have a 2014 also. Strange that two same year cars can react completely differently. I'll update this thread if I throw the light.

For those searching, I had a P0139 with the vibrant spacer and no insert. I removed the spacer, running the sensor directly into the pipe, and 110 miles later, no light.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just an update. About a month later and several hundred miles (I drive about a 100 miles every weekend to visit the girlfriend). I finally threw a CEL for P0420. It's been extremely cold and snowy, the car wasn't warmed up fully according to my gauges. I was in 5th gear cruising and the light came on. First light I've had since I removed the spacer.

Should I attribute this to the cat and car not being warmed up and just a fluke? I read sometimes people with HF cats throw that code every now and then due to higher speeds when the car isn't completely warmed up.

Regardless, I'll clear the code and see what happens. Just wanted to update this thread for anyone searching for high flow cat and CEL.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I hope Tork can eliminate the O2 sensor cel fuction at the dyno tune for me in feb. I just dont want to have to keep eraseing the cel every now and then. Just a nuisance to me.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I hope Tork can eliminate the O2 sensor cel fuction at the dyno tune for me in feb. I just dont want to have to keep eraseing the cel every now and then. Just a nuisance to me.
He gave the option this past weekend at the Atlanta event
With that being said if we can narrow down the members who asked for it, we can we how it goes by tracking there findings

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dealing with a P0420 myself, just subbing to this thread. I haven't tried anything yet, still researching. I do plan to get a tune at some point in the future and will see if I can get rid of it then if nothing else.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just popped the same code again today after not having it for almost three weeks, happened when I was using Bluetooth and on the phone and I stayed at a constant 30mph for a while.. Cruising seems to set the light on.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
I just popped the same code again today after not having it for almost three weeks, happened when I was using Bluetooth and on the phone and I stayed at a constant 30mph for a while.. Cruising seems to set the light on.
Nope. It's the Bluetooth that caused it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Reaso I said Bluetooth is because I was partially distracted, otherwise I wouldn't have been cruising at a constant speed for longer than a few seconds, since it seemingly always sets a code that way.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts