Veloster Turbo Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just pulled the lower O2 sensor off to take a look at it. When I put the HF DP on, only thirty miles ago, this sensor was dusty looking. Now, such a short time later, it looks as though it has creosote deposits built up on it. It was very nasty and pitch black. Should it be this way with the HF DP installed, especially after so few miles? That just doesn't seem normal to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He gave the option this past weekend at the Atlanta event
With that being said if we can narrow down the members who asked for it, we can we how it goes by tracking there findings
I was tuned in Atlanta but still get the P0139 code every hundred miles or so. Currently using an elbow on my Pierce catless DP. I've been meaning to take the elbow off to see what happens, but it's such a pass in the ass, that I haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm about to sell my down pipe because the code annoys me too much, and I hate having to drop the pipe every time I want to spin my elbow tighter or looser (some people said the tightening or loosening needs to be done to find the sweet spot of no CEL, but I think that sweet spot does not exist for me).

Pierce, it's a quality pipe. Built great. But the code is annoying for those in emission testing states.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i might have to sell mine cause i can't get the damn rear bolts off the OEM pipe!

:(

·
Registered
330 Posts
i might have to seek men cause i can't get the damn rear bolts off the OEM pipe!

:(
Dude, if you have to seek men, you're having bigger problems (unless you're a chick).

Drive the car hard for a bit, then park and spray the hell out of the rear bolts with PB Blaster or WD40. Let it sit for about an hour, and while wearing gloves and protective gear, try again. It'll still be quite warm to the touch (that's the point), but the heat and spray should make it easier to work on than a cold engine.

You'll get used to doing it if you have the high flow pipe because you'll have to drop it every week to adjust the O2 elbow to try to prevent the code, which is why I'm sick of mine.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hahaha, i just noticed that lol....

as far as the codes, Ill just clear it with my OB2

Im just worried that every time i have to uninstall this thing for my MVI, im gonna have the same problems as now. The front bolts look good, its the rear. And i havent even attempted the O2 sensors yet and how hard they will be to get off :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a related question, getting P0420 on my Pierce catless. Should there be two voltage readings on the torque app? I only get O2 volts bank1 sensor2. Think I might have a bad sensor. Have a Tork stage 0 tune.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
I have a related question, getting P0420 on my Pierce catless. Should there be two voltage readings on the torque app? I only get O2 volts bank1 sensor2. Think I might have a bad sensor. Have a Tork stage 0 tune.
I would re-check the plug for the actual O2 sensor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I rechecked plugs and wires completely removed the 90 extension I had on the second o2 sensor. Is bank 1 sensor 2 the back sensor so front is having an issue? Guessing I should correctly have a sensor 1 voltage reading.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts