Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay so I just got back in from changing back to my old plugs. I can’t find my tool to check the gaps so I just decided to swap them back. Concerning thing is that the one that was misfiring is pretty black, whereas the others look alright to me, then again I don’t really know how they should look, just that one is definitely different.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,889 Posts
I see 3 black plugs and 1 clean looking plugs. Also plug gaps look touch wide. Pics are not clear enough to really see whats going on good though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay I see what you mean how three look dirty, bad lighting, can’t believe I didn’t notice. Okay well second pic is better in the sense that three look like the left one and then #4 is dirty. Gonna check gaps tomorrow but I’m assuming I shouldn’t be alarmed that the one is dirty?

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,889 Posts
All plugs will be black in these engines. Where do you think the soot comes from that comes out the tail pipe.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I cleared the code and for the past 2 days I drove it pretty hard and no codes or misfires. Go figure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Okay, well since my last post I’ve still been having issues. After pulling the new plugs and going back to the old ones everything was fine for a bit. And then I got a P2195 and freaked out. I had scheduled to see Hyundai against every feeling not to, and I decided that just in case my coils weren’t real I’d pop those back too so that they couldn’t point fingers, cuz they always do. I went in the next morning and there was no code, because I pulled the battery to swap coils, so they told me $135 to check it but that with no code they probably wouldn’t find anything. I said fuck that and left. I tried driving it super hard to try and recreate it but all that ever came “pending” was a P0420, but it went away and never actually created a code. I figured okay maybe the coils were actually the problem because I drove great for a good while beyond that. Well, today I’m leaving work and my exhaust pops more than usual so I check it when I’m home, and now again “pending” is a P0420. I don’t know what the hell is going on....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts