Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted new engine and on test drive was fine until I boosted car was stuttering then loss of power bit like limp mode looked under bonnet nothing amiss starting driving again and same stuttering boost then none and won't rev over 3k for a bit plugged scanner in and got the code only i had remap and blew engine so I got same guy to put back to origonal so is my knock sensor gone or has he fluffed up my ecu??

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,260 Posts
If the sensor is good then I've seen a sensor installed to the wrong tq specs do this before. That or issue in the wiring, plug, or sensor itself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used sensor off new engine I've just unplugged and plugged my origonal one in and left hanging took for a drive and was a lot better until high boost 6k revs then bang into limp mode plugged scanner in no more knock sensor fault but I've got a p0087 fuel pressure to low if u read my last post I broke the fuel line plastic clip which attached to engine side pump but I just pushed it back on and it clipped back in i can't even force it off and there are no fuel leaks ??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry last post missed out knock sensor code come up after un plugged now better but have the fuel code which I also had before

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
So what codes and issues currently? Did you use the oem sensor or the sensor from the donor engine?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sensor from the Donor engine as its a 2019 also used the injectors and fuel rail as the fittings were the same everything thing else changed over codes I have are p0087 low fuel pressure and knock sensor p0326 knock sensor am gonna change knock sensor over now as that code goes when I unplug it and it drives better but I've never had a problem with fuel pressure

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is fine until I hit max boost then it goes into limp mode with the low pressure code

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Fuel pressure may be difficult to find the cause. The common issues that can cause the P0087 are LP fuel line, LPFP, HPFP, and the fuel rail pressure sensor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just changed to the oem fuel rail pressure sensor knock sensor and injectors now its all parts from my old engine on new bare engine lets see fingers crossed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still hesitating new codes are p0300 random multiple cylinder misfire and p0303 cylinder 3 misfire detected

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked plugs look ok put back in now its 100 times worse just juddering over 3000 revs no fault codes I give up

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
What specific plugs? What gaps? What fuel octane? What tune? What aftermarket mods on the car? No codes, CEL, or flashing CEL, but hesitations above 3k rpm? If no codes or CEL but hesitation above 3k rpm under load it will most likely be a fueling issue. Especially since it popped a P0087 before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Al i have done is put coil 2 and 3 on 3 and 2 and car is 100 times worse but no codes and plugs are correct with gap from a 1000 mile 2019 engine but should car b the same if I change round coils even if 1 faulty

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Car has standard plugs correct ones gap is perfect all them code come with donar knock sensor and injectors fuel rail etc I changed all back now same fault but no codes bar the misfire on cylinder 3 I've changed 2 and 3 coil round it went lots worse now I done coils and 1 and its alot better but still hesitation now when I hit hard boost say 4.5000 rpm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whatever is happening to car now is the same as what happened when I blew other engine i booted it when it was missing till it blew im hoping its coils as I'm ordering another 4 and new plugs if that doesn't work its off to the hyundai garage .ps thanks for all your help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think its fuel related as its missing at the same point in every gear even if I hold it just before it happens and floor it it happens same time no better before or after 5k revs

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Correct plugs, gaps, coils, etc means nothing to me. I need part numbers and actual measurements and any details requested to tell you what is correct for the car to run trouble free on a given tune and/or other mods. Until then I will be of little help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car is standard I took plugs out they were the oem ngk with 0.28 gap plugs looked good coils are oem from my engine as for that I don't know anything else apart from no codes since I put my oem fuel rail sensor and injectors in all I know the problem I have is what car done just before I blew it apart from the plugs are new ones when I let it misfire for a while I got the code misfire on cylinder 3 and a random misfire but I don't want to thrash it when it's missing again to bring up the codes

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just took car out with snap on plugged in on fuel pressure its570 ish tick over and also 2200 psi on full walk and doesn't drop when it's missing stays around 2200 all the time

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Do you plan to tune the car for more power?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts