Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just took it for a run on scanner showing total misfires on 1 to 4 cylinder and no 1 cylinder when judder his 38 misfires in a few seconds 2 had 2 missfires 3 and 4 cylinder are 0 and codes are p0300 random multiple misfire p0301cylinder1 misfire And p0302 cylinder 2 misfire

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Swapping cylinder 1 and 4 coil over so if cylinder 4 has misfires and 1 doesn't i have a bad coil

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,247 Posts
So you need to start with 4 new coils from Albert Hwang on FB. Part number will end in 2B110. Do not run plugs or coils over 50k miles.

Also if you have the plugs from the donor engine and less than 50k miles on them use them if they're oem and heat range 8. Or get new oem plugs from a 19+ 1.6T or 2.0T hyundai/kia engine which is heat range 8. Set gaps to .024" to be safe. From the oem they usually range from .028" to .032" and sometimes more. And they'll burn wider over time which is not good for misfires.

If you plan to tune the car for more power you'll need fuel line, different plugs, and a tune from Qwik Tyme Performance or SXTH element engineering in the USA at a minimum to be on the right track..

Also run high octane fuel in the car at least 91 octane R+M/2 like in the USA goes by. Not sure how rated where you are. Lower octane fuel combined with crap oem tune and most likely improper plug/gaps and worn coils is not a good combo or correct in any way regardless of who says otherwise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
134 misfires in 2 seconds of boost on the coil on cylinder 4 which i took off 1 which was same so its bad coil

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've bought 4 bosh coils off ebay 145 gbp as I'm i uk and they are the dearer 9nes not copy plus plugs are 1000 miles old and .28 gap i had the car mapped 2 weeks before it blew i thought it was map so I had it took off it was 200bhp felt good i never thought a coil could blow an engine plus it wasn't hammered it was wife's car

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Never thought 1 coil would cause so much misfire and boost loss I've had a diesel turbo with 1 injector off and it still boosed good

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Ya so those coils are not what you need. You have to spend $ where needed with these cars. Proper oem coils or nothing but issues will follow you.

The plugs may or may not be ok. Get me the part number on them and please gap them where I said to.

You have no clue how the ecu operates or how parts on the car can change that either same as the avg owner. I only make parts, mod, and tune them on a daily. You can cheap out and/or buy what you or someone else thinks is correct or will work or follow advice from someone that does this on the daily, holds records for the platform, and has blown 0 engines.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Many are made that will fit and work on the car but only the proper oem coils have been proven so far. MSD make some that may be good as well but the verdict is still out on those for me. Others will also work well as an upgrade but there is no plug n play with them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So if I fit these bosh ones my engine will blow or b worse than what it is now

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
If they're for the V they may work but not well at all under load. If they're for the VT they'll work but not as good as proper oem coils and will fail sooner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OK thanks if I fit them and car is cured I will buy a genuine one as only 1 has gone at least they will tell me if coils were the fault

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Need to replace all 4 with proper oem coils or it will not run its best based on how these cars operate. Plugs need to be the same general age and gaps as well when replacing. Get the coils from Albert Hwang on FB for the best price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
As soon as I'm sure car is sorted I will has to b only the coils and turbo are only thing that haven't been changed but turbo looked really good when I changed over free and not much play

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have the 2019 coils from the new engine but the connections are different but engine is a 1.6 tgdi 185 bhp u think I should just get the newer harness and put the 2019 coils in

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
The 16+ MY coils are not compatible with the 15 MY and earlier VT.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well new coils worked a treat car is 100 % who new a single faulty coil could ablitherate an engine id of thought just a misfire not a hole u can put your hand in after only 20 seconds of high boost when misfire started

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
This is well known in the community especially by those who tune the cars or know how the ecu operates.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts