Here's my setup:
  • 2016 VT Rally edition
  • Blood Type Racing ECU Tune
  • TurboSocks FMIC w/ Synchronic DV
  • K&N 69 series Typhoon CAI
  • 845 Motorsports Catless Downpipe
  • Borla Catback
  • 2 X Baffled OCCs

Never had any issues with this code before I put on the Catch cans, Intercooler and the Tune so I'm not sure where the best place to start trouble shooting is.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Anyone else ever had this code?

Here's my setup:
  • 2016 VT Rally edition
  • Blood Type Racing ECU Tune
  • TurboSocks FMIC w/ Synchronic DV
  • K&N 69 series Typhoon CAI
  • 845 Motorsports Catless Downpipe
  • Borla Catback
  • 2 X Baffled OCCs

Never had any issues with this code before I put on the Catch cans, Intercooler and the Tune so I'm not sure where the best place to start trouble shooting is.
No idea what that code is. Tune related??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That would be my bet also. Not familiar with the code, but a quick Google brings up all sort of references to engine limp modes and ECU torque calculation. Something might have gone out of bounds in the tune.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
This is a tune related code iirc.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 24 hours... Maybe one of the adaptives hit a limit

Canned or custom BTR tune?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try disconnecting the battery for 24 hours... Maybe one of the adaptives hit a limit

Canned or custom BTR tune?

Yes, canned tune. Called up BTR support yesterday and they said to try driving it with the stock ECU so we'll see what comes of that. They seemed shocked/confused when I told them so it sound like the haven't had any issues with this before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this same issue when BTR finally got an operating ECU to me. The only fix was me bring my Stock ECU to them (Tuning Event), and cloning which ever option/function the system was or was not seeing.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I checked a Hyundai DTC documentation source and the closest error code that matched indicated that vehicle specific settings in the canned tuned EEPROM don't match the car's hardware configuration...

This seems to be common with canned tunes that get installed in certain unique cars, such as a 2016 Rally version.

Seems like the only solution is indeed to have them copy your OEM ECU EEPROM data from your OEM ECU and put it on the canned ECU. This is not the tune data, this is the VSD vehicle specific data. It's where the VIN is stored and it's stored in a different place entirely away from the tune.

I know of a place in both FL and SC that can do the oem data clone for you if BTR can't help.

·
Registered
618 Posts
6th Element engineering

·
Registered
618 Posts
So in SC as well or did you think he was in NC?
Sorry I just spaced on the state cause he just moved, is it SC or NC?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
Mark is in SC. Was in GA.

·
Registered
242 Posts
6EE is in SC and gives a great tune! PM trdtoy and he can do a 6EE tune in NC if that is closer. He did mine, perfect! Blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just rode the hell out of my VT with the stock tune. No code. I'll be calling BTR support later today and I will update this thread with whatever solution they give.

10/24/2017 UPDATE:

Spoke to BTR support and they don't seem to have an idea of what this is. They just told me to install the upgraded fuel line to see if that fixes anything.

1/10/2018 UPDATE:

Changed out the fuel line and still got the code, but this time it cleared on it's own so the ECU might have been able to adjust. Might be trading in the V/T soon so this could be the last update.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts