Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Has anyone else had any problems with their paint fading on their 2014 velosters? I have 2014 turbo in Boston red and the clear coat is flaking off on the side mirrors, door handles, and top fin. You can also see it starting to happen on the back bumper. I know the car is 7 years old now but have never had another car do that before. Its been garage kept most of it life, maybe spend a year outside. I am down here in Florida so the sun is a killer but I just seems to be a crappy paint job. Is anything like this covered under any kind of warranty?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2016 and live in sunny south Florida as well. My paint is starting to fade on the rear bumper under the tail lights. I had an accent and the paint faded on the bumpers. It seems like the paint always fades on the plastic pieces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2016 and live in sunny south Florida as well. My paint is starting to fade on the rear bumper under the tail lights. I had an accent and the paint faded on the bumpers. It seems like the paint always fades on the plastic pieces.
Thats good to know! I drove a 97 ford truck before this and never had a problem at all with the paint on that thing. So I was curious. Thanks for chiming in!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thats good to know! I drove a 97 ford truck before this and never had a problem at all with the paint on that thing. So I was curious. Thanks for chiming in!
No problem. I even wax my car about once a month. I can just imagine what it would look like if I didn’t wax it. Unfortunately where I work there is no shady area to park. I’m looking into buying a car cover for it.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,564 Posts
The elements and how the car is taken care of over time will take a toll on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem. I even wax my car about once a month. I can just imagine what it would look like if I didn’t wax it. Unfortunately where I work there is no shady area to park. I’m looking into buying a car cover for it.
Yeah I could have waxed it more for sure. Ive always tried to park in the shade, and keep it in the garage when I could.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone! Has anyone else had any problems with their paint fading on their 2014 velosters? I have 2014 turbo in Boston red and the clear coat is flaking off on the side mirrors, door handles, and top fin. You can also see it starting to happen on the back bumper. I know the car is 7 years old now but have never had another car do that before. Its been garage kept most of it life, maybe spend a year outside. I am down here in Florida so the sun is a killer but I just seems to be a crappy paint job. Is anything like this covered under any kind of warranty?
I live in Miami, adding protective coatings on your paint will help prolong the life but in the case of Hyundai their clear coats are not very good and are not very thick. I was only able to have the paint buffed compounded 2 times in my 2014 NAV and its time to paint already, especially in the hood and roof. Plastic parts like the rear spoiler and bumpers don't last long either. Also if you plan on using a car cover get a good one because the wind and moisture will do more damage then without the cover, especially in humid climates. I can assure you a good paint job will last you much longer then the factory coats, especially if they add a thick clear coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts