Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Vehicle Engineering

Auto part Machine Metal Scientific instrument Nickel

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Auto part

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Auto part

Hey guys, I just painted my 15' VT valve cover red, using VHT wrinkle red from O'Reillys. The most time consuming part about all this was sanding and prepping the tape for the cover. I made the sanding process faster by lightly torching the surface to crust the grease and oil, then attaching a wire brush to a drill and going all in. I actually recommend this method as our valve cover has so many nooks and crannies whoch are hard for sandpaper to reach. I got scared when removing the valve cover because I saw the fuel pump camshaft roller on the cams, i didn't know where it came from at first and i thought I broke something lol.

· Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,221 Posts
yup... looks like it's got some baked on goodness!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks neat. High many miles are on your motor? You may wanna shorten your oil change intervals 😬
I've got 125k on the car, bought it at 93k, salvage title. I change the oil every 5k miles, let me tell you... Whoever owned this car before me, is probably the most incompetent car owner I've ever met. He didn't take care of anything, the oem plugs were still on there. Luckily i saved this car before it was too late, and he didn't drive the car hard, and it runs like a dime. Should i do an engine flush? Or should i just leave it as is.

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,486 Posts
If someone had it for 93k and was that incompetent and you do oil and filter changes every 5k then that engine will not live as long as one that is well taken care of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts