Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the "Weak Phone Signal" with the pandora app? My 15 R spec is pretty new, I bought it in February and it did not used to happen. I use pandora almost every trip, and I have an LG G3 on AT&T. The phone is only a year old. I would say 90% of the time when I hit pandora on the infotainment screen it will hang at "Weak phone signal". Sometimes when I switch to another radio mode it and then switch back to pandora it will try again, but most of the time it just hangs at "weak phone signal" until I reset the unit, either by using the button (and then having to set the time and date again) or by turning the car off for a few minutes. If I reset the unit via button it will connect right up with no issues. But the next time I start the car I go through the same problem. The same thing was happening with my girlfriends phone as well, so I do not think it is a phone issue. I know it is not a true weak signal per the bars on my phone. If the app hangs and I disconnect via bluetooth and try to reconnect and start pandora, it will just play through my phone while the infotainment screen hangs. Has anyone else experienced these issues? What can I do about it?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I found music plays much smoother if you just play music through bluetooth on your phone

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^^^ same here, Pandora is a POS to begin with. I use Tunein Radio and just stream it through the BT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found music plays much smoother if you just play music through bluetooth on your phone
^ same here. Got tired of disconnecting and reconnecting the BT on the head unit to fix the Pandora problem. If you insist on using Pandora through the Head Unit, I initiated Pandora on my phone prior to even starting the car so there was some buffer in the phone, it worked occasionnaly.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have yet to figure out how the hell to get that app to work in the first place.

·
Vendor
2,564 Posts
I have had issues with that typically I will start Pandora first before switching into it on the radio. Otherwise it would freeze the phone or just would have issues connecting

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I will just have to deal. Not a big deal really. I am finding now that if I start with bluetooth streaming I can then switch to the pandora app.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts