Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone in San Antonio TX has heard when we might be getting some vt's inbound. I have been told 3 differnt things from 3 different dealerships and i am starting to get a little bit irritated like they are giving me the run around. Is it possible that all these dealerships just have no clue when they might get some in? I know they hit round rock already and that isnt to far away so im hoping to get some answers pretty soon. Does anyone else have any idea when we might be getting them in over here?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was wondering if anyone in San Antonio TX has heard when we might be getting some vt's inbound. I have been told 3 differnt things from 3 different dealerships and i am starting to get a little bit irritated like they are giving me the run around. Is it possible that all these dealerships just have no clue when they might get some in? I know they hit round rock already and that isnt to far away so im hoping to get some answers pretty soon. Does anyone else have any idea when we might be getting them in over here?
I know what you are going through. Have you visited the dealers in person? I found my VT in my local dealer one morning that I showed up, and look on the lot. They didn't know they had it. It pays to go in person. Now, there is a link to check on the VTs being shipped: Redirecting... Where are you located? Ah never mind, TX. Well the list shows nothing for TX.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i had the same problem in canada , and was being told numerous things, then i phoned head office and good the goods

try calling hyundai usa head office

·
Registered
375 Posts
just got off the phone with corporate and they were absolutely zero help. could not give me any info on when to expect a vt in my area. he said contact the dealers. i told him they didnt have any info he said well they will know best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel you OP. I got a call from my dealer yesterday saying that they have a base manual coming in soon. He didn't tell me the color so I called back and he seemed hesitant to tell me, which was very weird. Then he quickly said "black on black". The colors I absolutely don't want are black, red and silver so I passed. I told him that if he gets other info or the info he gave me is wrong to call me back right away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, be very suspecious with dealers vague promises... Two of them lied to me about having a manual VT coming next week but they couldn't give me the exact shipping date and VIN #!!! Finally bought it from the first dealer that gave me a franc answer. Took two weeks and numerous phone calls to get my deposit back from the first one, but finally got it! Some of them are so full of sh*t. The last two week was very stressfull.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Round rock got used vts from california... thats what the salesman told me when i test drove one they had it was black and im wanting to get out of a black car, but he said it would be 3 months till they got more doubt what he was saying was true i hate saleman theyre all trying to stick it to you, but anyways i predict it wont be much longer ide say september maybe if not sooner but we just have to be patient im not going to settle for anything else.

Elite white mt wih blue int. ult package

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it sad that I know more about this car and its options then every dealer i talked to........."stop calling me about the non turbo version, when I submitted a quote for the turbo!"

NOt uncommon definitely! If you read regular Motortrend and similar magazines we (consumers/motorheads) typically get the scoop/factoids before the typical dealership/salesperson. I experienced the same when the WRX turbo first came here...........

·
Registered
21 Posts
hay there sorry i dont have any good intel for you at this moment but hit the net and start calling every hyundai dealership with in 500 miles of you and you never know there could be one 50 miles down the road. or unfortunately further but i am shure you will find one i spent 2 days on the net and the phone but i found mine in cape girardeau mo they got the first one in missouri and i spent 14 hours in the dealer and at 6 pm sat i brought my baby home and i had the dealer thow in a free tint job and a 27 dollar key chain for the wife. just keep up the faith partner you will get yours

·
Registered
54 Posts
To everyone waiting I feel your pain.. my local dealer gave me the inside scoop that there will be five coming to Pittsburgh soon as they have received the vins. But the two his dealership is getting are autos and he's not sure what color yet. The sister dealer will be getting three and he's not sure what trans yet but he a tryin. The next big shipment from Hyundai is gonna be in Sept. though.. the only other option is to drive 12 hours to an back from a distant dealer who has what I want now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for posting the link, it is strange that nothing is showing up in Texas.. Who's hating :)

I know what you are going through. Have you visited the dealers in person? I found my VT in my local dealer one morning that I showed up, and look on the lot. They didn't know they had it. It pays to go in person. Now, there is a link to check on the VTs being shipped: Redirecting... Where are you located? Ah never mind, TX. Well the list shows nothing for TX.

·
Registered
170 Posts
its worth the wait
after 5 1/2 weeks , i picked mine up, and am loving it
its a blast to drive
wait , its worth it

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congrats!!! First red in the forum, I think!!!. Now go put yourself on the member map!

Ah! Never mind, you beat me to the punch. I see you on the map!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts