Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
These things catch a ton of heat. 100% depends what your goals are. After a number of different modifications and trying a few different pedal tuner devices I got a pedal commander. I'm almost ashamed to say that if I had gotten it first I wouldn't have done many other mods.
Could you replicate exactly what it does with your foot? Probably. But in the real world will you actually. Nope.

Some people hate them. That's 100% fine.
Some people love them. That's also 100% fine.

Even on sale they are priced at the absolute top of what I think they might be worth but if for an extra $300 their level of adjustability was built into our cars from the factory everyone would have wanted it.

· Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
763 Posts
These things catch a ton of heat. 100% depends what your goals are. After a number of different modifications and trying a few different pedal tuner devices I got a pedal commander. I'm almost ashamed to say that if I had gotten it first I wouldn't have done many other mods.
Could you replicate exactly what it does with your foot? Probably. But in the real world will you actually. Nope.

Some people hate them. That's 100% fine.
Some people love them. That's also 100% fine.

Even on sale they are priced at the absolute top of what I think they might be worth but if for an extra $300 their level of adjustability was built into our cars from the factory everyone would have wanted it.
I tend to agree with this.
Similar to changing out your throttle tube on a motorcycle so you don't have to turn the wrist as much as a stock throttle tube the pedal commander is quite similar in function.

Having experienced this first hand with my R6 throttle tube swap the bike now has quicker throttle response and less twist of the throttle to get the throttlebodies to open faster.

Nope there no power increase and yup you have to finesse the throttle a bit more but the same would be true form the pedal commander which changes the throttle acceleration curve for quicker acceleration via the altered resistance map of the power commander.

Who doesn't want to get into the throttle a bit quicker on their car with less throttle travel?
I wouldn't have this on my car but for the bike it's a win for the track or the street for a better feeling of performance. 🤷😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts