Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Another shot from my first time light painting. Composite image created over the course of a few hours. Pretty pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Composite shots really allow for creativity, don't they?
Yeah they do. I don't normally do them, but when they work, they really work :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Still all stock at the moment. Looking to move into a new place here in the next couple of weeks so the build is on hold for now :(

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Little update on my VT: I went ahead and got the Injen SRI from AutoAnything.com using the June 15% coupon and free shipping. Can't complain with $171 shipped to Florida. It sounds amazing and I was able to install it on my lunch break yesterday, so that shows the ease of installation for anyone wondering.

The old BPV cap I had on was cracked from the heat and the extra one I have is too small for the opening on the Injen pipe so I have to run out later and pick up a new cap and a blue Spectre breather filter for some added visuals. Ignore the fingerprints, I was so excited I just snapped a pic and took off back to work. One word..... LOUD!!! But only when you want it to be. I can drive normal and it's almost barely audible. I love it.

Video shot with my Galaxy S4 on a cheap cell phone mount:

I also ordered a Vintage Gold True Metallic plasti dip wheel kit from DipYourCar.com. Next day delivery in Florida only ran me $47 shipped which comes out to just over $6/can. That's going to be my Sunday morning project. Here's a quick photoshop of how it *should* look with an image I shot of my car last month.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sunday project. Looks good so far, still not completely sold on plasti dip but once I throw some glossifier on it it should really shine. Can't complain though for only $6.38/can

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
hey if you don't like it you can just peel it off. trial and error.
Exactly. That's why I'm not sweating it. I know I'm going gold for aftermarket wheels like I've said before. So if I don't like this enough I can take it off. I really think when I throw some gloss over it the look will be much better. And I need to peel the center caps off too

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Exactly. That's why I'm not sweating it. I know I'm going gold for aftermarket wheels like I've said before. So if I don't like this enough I can take it off. I really think when I throw some gloss over it the look will be much better. And I need to peel the center caps off too

Side note: My entire front grill is dipped black. I was thinking about dipping my rear "H" in white because I pulled the Veloster badge. Give it that stealth look. Thoughts?

Reactions: JGunz18

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I always wondered how gold plastidip would look like on factory rims. though I am hoping after you apply the gloss it would resemble what you posted.

like you, at first I considered gold as my first choice in rims. it is a great combination with the white.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think the the inserts should be the standard gold with gloss. But I think the rest of the rim should be slight darker gold

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Well the wheels are finally all done. I went with 4 coats of the Vintage Gold True Metallic then added 2 light coats of the Gold Metalizer to give it some sparkle, and topped them off with two heavy coats of Glossifier. Overall I'm happy with them. Plasit Dip is Plasti Dip. It's not paint and it's not powercoat. So I can't complain with the finish. Some of the gloss is heavier in some areas so I'll try to even it out in the near future. But when the sun hits them ooohhhh so sexy.

MOAR LOW IS COMING!

Cell phone shots for now starting with just the gold metallic from Sunday and the final shots from today. I did the metal and gloss yesterday:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Wow. The metalizer makes those pop. Mine look like beige wall paint.
Haha that's what my guys at work said Monday morning when it was sitting in parking lot. The metalizer makes a huge difference. Throw a coat or two on there man!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I do not like the whole dipping the stock wheels thing, but this looks great! I kind of want to do this to my marathon blue (subby style), then throw on some Rally Armor flaps!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I do not like the whole dipping the stock wheels thing, but this looks great! I kind of want to do this to my marathon blue (subby style), then throw on some Rally Armor flaps!
Thanks! I was a little iffy on it too before I hit the buy button. I really hate the look of the two-toned stock VT wheels so I wanted to change the color until I buy my real gold wheels in a few months. I think they look great now. Once the springs go on it will really complete the look. And I'm going to get some blue anodized lug nuts too.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Well, now I'm more motivated to get the anthracite dip as the in-between before I get new wheels.

Reactions: Petey T
21 - 40 of 128 Posts