Veloster Turbo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The vintage gold metallic wheel kit from DipYourCar.com was $47 shipped. I bought a can of gloss and metalizer from my work for $17. So total including shipping/FL tax was $66. But I only used two of the four cans of gold so it may have been cheaper to just buy individual cans.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, love the look of those wheels. I just checked out the website and really like the Anthracite color they have. If I get it, I think i'll still get 4 cans just in case I ever need to touch up or redo it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I was gonna ask what kind of camera you used but then I saw the professional photographer link in your signature... lol

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I was gonna ask what kind of camera you used but then I saw the professional photographer link in your signature... lol

Haha I shoot with a Nikon D90 and a few lenses. I want to upgrade my gear but I want mods for my VT too. Decisions, decisions... ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
sell you D90 and get the upgraded camera + mods :p
HA! Maybe I can pawn off the baby and get some good money.

J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K! J/K!

Seriously though, I love my daughter :)

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
Damn the Gold looks better than expected. They actually look 10 times better than Factory :) Just for thought. I wonder how the grey on the front bumper & side skirts would look in gold??? Might be Rizer, but might look good?!

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
joutlaw- I was thinking the same exact thing!!! Both Gold & Black would look good. White would look nice on your Blue too!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Fun little shoot with my buddies Si. Here's some shots showing off the gold wheels. Color changes depending on the light.

Reactions: skwon

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Little Update on the Turbo:

I dipped my engine cover yesterday. I originally had the three lines on each side white as well but when I went to peel the tape off I pulled some of the white so I took it all off. I'm going to just paint tem probably and do the Turbo GDi letters in blue. Also added my Remove Before Flight tag to the rear tow hook. It's black with gold letters to match my wheels.

And a shot from last night :)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Lookin' HOT Petey!!!!

Reactions: Petey T

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks Nate for honoring the group buy price and letting me incorporate the intercooler pipe :)

TS.jpg

Reactions: NDspd

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I can't wait! And I have an appointment for my exhaust build on Thursday morning :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
UPDATE: Finally had my 2.5" straight pipe made. Flex pipe added, resonator/muffler delete, custom y-pipe welded which extends right to the end of the factory chrome tips. It sounds amazing once you get used to it and how to drive it.

I feel like there's a bit more lag down low but in the upper rev range it pulls very hard. Backfires and burbles on the overrun. Has a real nice purr at warm idle. Tork pipe is in the mail and the Tork tune is only 3 months away.

First startup (semi-cold):

First fully-cold startup at 6am LOL:

Reactions: Reaper7

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
looks like you are ready for Odessa Petey

Reactions: JGunz18 and Petey T

·
Registered
128 Posts
UPDATE: Finally had my 2.5" straight pipe made. Flex pipe added, resonator/muffler delete, custom y-pipe welded which extends right to the end of the factory chrome tips. It sounds amazing once you get used to it and how to drive it.

I feel like there's a bit more lag down low but in the upper rev range it pulls very hard. Backfires and burbles on the overrun. Has a real nice purr at warm idle. Tork pipe is in the mail and the Tork tune is only 3 months away.

First startup (semi-cold):

First fully-cold startup at 6am LOL:
I'm gonna be completely honest with you... If you were my neighbor and starting up your car at 6:00am every morning, you and I would probably get into a physical altercation.

41 - 60 of 128 Posts